Program Director - Housing/Case Management
Company: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The Salvation Army Mission
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the Universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the
Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is
to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His
name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army Northern Division Harbor Light Center (HLC) and
satellite locations provide shelter, housing, and supportive
services to over 300 people each night. The Program Director of
Housing and Case Management oversees the operations, development,
and evaluation of the housing programs and case management services
and oversees staff development. The Program Director guides
compliance, collaboration between programs/departments, and
ensuring a welcoming, affirming, holistic, person-centered,
dignified environment for all participants.
Essential Functions (approximate time spent)
- Lead housing operations and case management services including
overseeing programming, case consults, and staff development.
- Ensure compliance with licensing, regulations, grants,
contracts, and internal and external reporting. (20%)
- Direct the development, evaluation, and updating of programs,
goals, and objectives. (20%)
- Engage in internal and external activities to pro mote and
further The Salvation Army and HLC goals and objectives.
- Monitor fiscal responsibility and assist with the development
of the annual budget. (5%)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field highly preferred. In lieu
of degree, a combination of experience and education may be
- If degree is in social work, must be licensed by state
- Previous relevant experience required; experience may include
employment, volunteering, and lived experience.
- Previous program and staff supervision highly
- Must possess valid driver's license, meet MVR requirements, and
pass background checks, (e.g., Salvation Army and Department of
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, especially with
participants of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent leadership and supervision skills.
- Strong ethical and professional behavior with a focus on client
self-determination and confidentiality.
- Works with integrity, valuing honesty and diligence.
- Proficient with PC, Microsoft Office, and databases.
- Variety of work, sitting approximately 50% of the time with
some prolonged standing, walking, and bending.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 25 pounds.
- Professional work environment, not eligible for remote friendly
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, and work in
person and on the phone.
Provide direction, oversight, training, and supervision to assigned
Regular local travel by agency or personal vehicle. Rare
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and
agree that as an employee of The Salvation Army they will support
its religious mission.
This job description is not all inclusive. It is intended to
identify the essential functions of the position. Other duties,
responsibilities, and tasks may be assigned by supervisor.
Keywords: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory, Minneapolis , Program Director - Housing/Case Management, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!