Senior Project Manager - Government
Company: Kraus Anderson
Posted on: November 19, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Minneapolis, MN, US 7 days ago
Requisition ID: 1184 Kraus-Anderson offers an -opportunity to make
an immediate impact with an industry leader!Core Purpose: Building
enduring relationships and strong communitiesCore Values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing---always be respectful, honest
- Commitment - Take ownership, work hard, and keep promises
- Teamwork - Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
- Value People - Support each other in a safe, positive
environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their
contributions Our CompanyFor more than a century, Kraus-Anderson
has been transforming the American landscape. -Founded in 1897 and
privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for more than 70
years, KA -is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record among
the top 50 general contractors in the United States. Our base of
operations in Minnesota is supplemented with regional offices,
extending our capabilities coast to coast.We take a highly
collaborative approach to our work. We work closely with owners,
architects and the entire planning team well before ground is
broken; providing cost analyses, scheduling information, and value
engineering services to ensure that -our client can make informed
decisions leading to a timely finish of the highest quality and the
best value.SummaryThis position will be responsible for directing,
overseeing and coordinating the activities of their team in the
Construction Management and General Contracting
marketplace.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned. -
- Assists in proposal writing, reviews project proposal, drawings
and plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures
for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of
available resources to various phases of project.
- Coordinates pre-construction services for projects.
- Assists in directing strategic planning and provides leadership
role in business development and client relations.
- Reviews project activities, costs, operations and forecast data
to determine team or division progress toward achievement of stated
goals and objectives.
- Assists Director of Operations with work assignments,
distribution of projects, managing project managers and ensuring
timely completion and meaningful project profitability.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing
clients to assure their continued satisfaction and works to build a
continuing positive image for the Company.
- Establishes a growing network of business associates,
subcontractors and related vendors.
- Coordinates with Marketing to help sell Kraus-Anderson (KA)
capabilities as well providing leads and recommending individuals
and organizations for KA services.
- Maintains memberships or affiliations in civic and professional
organizations that may assist incumbents in personal growth or
- Confers with project staff to outline work plans, assign
duties, responsibilities and scope of authority; coordinates
activities with project staff to ensure project progress within
prescribed budget and provides technical advice to resolve
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly schedule support to project
team to preserve the Contract and Project Schedule.
- Prepares project reports for management, clients and others and
reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies
schedules or plans as required.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of governmental
regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- -Meets regularly with Finance to assure projects are
progressing as scheduled and within budget.
- Completes and manages work in accordance to the KA Project
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Required Knowledge, Skills
and Abilities: -
- Bachelor's degree from four year college/university or
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and
Outlook) and knowledge of project management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet
challenging work goals
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and
- Ability to possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well
as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct
from self and others
- Provides guidance and ongoing feedback to team members, manages
their performance and is available to team members when they would
like to go through an Individual Development Plan.
- Provides feedback regularly and provides recognition when it is
- Creates a positive and uplifting team environmentPreferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: -
- Four year degree in Construction Management, Construction
Engineering, or related degree
- Knowledge of ViewPoint softwareOther:
- Valid Driver's License, ability to maintain a satisfactory
Motor Vehicle Record, and ability to adhere to the KA Motor Vehicle
Policy. -Physical Demands:The physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by any employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Essential functions
include items such as ability to:
- Clearly communicate information (both written and verbal) to
colleagues and key stakeholders -
- Stand and/or sit in a stationary position for extended periods
of time; 50%+
- Use a computer/laptop/iPad in open office environment with
natural and/or florescent lighting
- Navigate between office building floors, and on occasion,
attend off-site meetings -
- Lift up to 25 lbs. unassistedWhy KA?We offer a challenging,
rewarding, and supportive environment where employees are
positioned to make a positive impact on our business, our
communities, and their own future. -We believe in building leaders.
KA offers a wide range of enrichment and professional growth
opportunities through KA University and community service
opportunities through our KA Has Heart Volunteer Program.KA offers
full time employees (30+ hours) a significant Total Rewards package
- Medical insurance Plan Options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center (Minneapolis)
- KA University Training and Development
- Fitness Center, KA corporate headquarters, Minneapolis
- 401(k) Plan
- Company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company sponsored Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Time Off including vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Workplace Flexibility
- Paid Military Leave for Active Reserve Duty
- Part time/Transition Options
- Free Parking -Along with our employer sponsored plans, we also
offer an array of Voluntary Benefits and other perks.
Keywords: Kraus Anderson, Minneapolis , Senior Project Manager - Government, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!