Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Company: OWENS CORNING
Posted on: September 20, 2023
-SUMMARYThe Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Leader is a
critical member of the Natural Leadership Team (NLT) providing
guidance and coaching in the areas of safety and environmental
stewardship to all plant members. The EHS Leader must maintain a
leadership presence on the plant floor, positively influence
employees, and engage them in all aspects of safety and
environmental processes. -This position leads the development,
implementation, and evaluation of critical safety and environmental
processes, programs, and procedures to achieve a zero-injury
environment. The successful candidate provides leadership and
applies technical abilities to engage employees at all levels of
the organization to sustain world-class safety and environmental
processes. -Span of control: Two hourly direct reports. -Principal
Duties and Responsibilities: -Live the Safety stand, adhere to
safety, health, and environmental responsibilities.
- Transform plant safety and environmental performance to
world-class levels that align with division and Owens Corning
- Build and foster a safety culture among all plant
- Reduce the plant's environmental footprint in the
- Support and help build a culture of wellness.
- Advise and guide the Natural Leadership Team (NLT) in
developing a risk-ranked strategic plan, prioritize and advocate
capital/resource requests, and advise the leadership team on all
aspects of environmental requirements and responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan.
- Manages Plant Safety metrics - RIR, first aids, near misses,
SAFE and Serious Injury and Fatality (SIF) scores.
- Manages Plant Environmental metrics. -Develop skills and grow
capabilities in the plant
- Coach, mentor, and re-direct personnel in the plant to develop
extraordinary Safety leaders.
- Grow and develop the direct reports, as well as the safety
teams within the workforce.
- Maintain a leadership presence on the plant floor, influence
employee and supervisory behaviors, and fully engage employees in
the safety process.
- Enroll and engage the entire workforce to build a powerful
- Assess effectiveness of plant leadership from an EH&S
perspective and provide developmental guidance as required.
- Develop safety programs and incident tracking systems to drive
insights on injury prevention and ways to engineer out safety
- Lead a safety committee of plant employees to create a safe and
environmentally conscious workforce.
- Start and lead Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) EHS programs
in support of the overall plant strategy.
- Develop and implement training programs in a coordinated effort
with appropriate plant personnel.
- Continually reinforce the Company's stand on safety.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of all
critical EH&S processes, programs, and procedures.
- Set and accomplished critical metrics regularly to ensure
continuous improvement in the processes that lead to an engaged
safety culture on the floor.
- Recognize employee accomplishments and contributions. -Oversee
compliance with governmental regulations and corporate programs
- Ensure regulatory compliance of all environmental permits and
- Foster positive relationships with governmental agencies and
work as a partner to improve plant.
- Create, maintain, and oversee the compliance calendar for all
- Effectively address enforcement actions from local, state, or
- Provide expert technical support in identifying, and resolving,
critical regulatory issues.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and programs.
- Maintain the corporate management systems.
- Address deficiencies in internal EHS audits.
- Continuously elevates the customer perspective of self and
others by knowing our products, manufacturing, and selling
processes. The E&S Lead applies this knowledge to successfully
influence other leaders to make the best business decisions. -
-SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong working knowledge of environmental, health, and safety
compliance law and industrial hygiene
- Ability to identify hazards, critical process, and system needs
and implement appropriate action plans
- Ability to establish agreement and consensus with
- Ability to effectively engage employees is critical
- Ability to initiate and lead cross-functional teams and
management / union committees to achieve objectives
- Adept at developing and delivering safety training
- Skillful in driving and managing change
- Ability to integrate resources across the organization
- Engages and cares for others, starting with safety
- Achieves results, individually and through teams
- Enjoys working with people and in teams
- Takes business risks, grows from failures, celebrates
- Demonstrates strategic planning and thinking -COMPUTER AND
SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIESA strong candidate must be able to:
- Utilize basic computer skills; ability to work in SAP, Lotus
Notes, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Dakota EHS and Cority software programs,
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning Learning portal to complete
required online training routinely -EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in any field related to EH&S, such as
hygiene engineering, science, or equivalent
- 6 years of progressive manufacturing safety experience, 3 years
of experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Professional certification as Certified Safety Professional
(CSP), strongly preferred
- Experience with Minnesota-specific environmental and safety
regulations strongly preferred
- Experience in leading, assessing, and developing talent to
deliver results -#LI-TF1#LI-Onsite -About Owens Corning - - Owens
Corning is a global building and construction materials leader
committed to building a sustainable future through material
innovation. Our three integrated businesses - Composites,
Insulation, and Roofing - provide durable, sustainable,
energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material
science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers
win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with
approximately 19,000 employees in 31 countries dedicated to
generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a
difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in
1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2022
sales of $9.8 billion. For more information, visit -.Owens Corning
is an equal opportunity employer. - -
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, Minneapolis , Environmental Health & Safety Manager, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!