Research Information Management Librarian (UL460)
Company: University of Minnesota
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID353747
Employee ClassAcad Prof and Admin
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
The University of Minnesota Libraries invites applications for a
Research Information Management (RIM) Librarian position in the
Open Research & Publishing Area. We seek applicants who are
innovative and flexible, offer expertise and technology skills, and
possess an understanding of research impact processes to provide
leadership and help shape the future of library services.
The Research Information Management Librarian will provide vision
and direction in developing systematic and scalable approaches that
support research impact within the research lifecycle. The
successful candidate will collaborate across the libraries and the
campus to advance the libraries' strategic priorities in supporting
open science and scholarship, showcasing university research and
scholarship, and engaging with the university's research
The Research Information Management Librarian will contribute to
the knowledge base of the profession through research, publication,
and professional engagement, and they work towards continuous
- Develops and maintains an awareness of the trends and issues in
university-level rankings and research impact; applies findings to
research impact services.
- Prioritizes, evaluates, negotiates, and manages requests for
research information and bibliometric data and support.
- Works with directors to scope and scale research impact
services through liaison librarian contributions;
- Serves as the Libraries' liaison to the local and national
Research Information Management (RIM) community.
- Develops programs and manages projects, usually involving
multiple contributors, in consultation with sponsors, supervisors,
and other stakeholders.
- Contributes to the onboarding and training of librarians on
core research impact service responsibilities.
- Prepares analytics and customized reports, visualizations, and
presentations for Libraries leadership and occasionally requests
- Through individual and coordinated team-based contributions,
provide consultation services to researchers on research metrics,
use of various bibliometric and altmetric resources, and the use of
researcher identification and profiling tools.
- Designs and maintains effective content and training related to
research information management and research impact.
- Partners with other campus units to share service goals,
expertise, and knowledge relative to research information
- Partners with Libraries IT to manage RIM software on behalf of
the campus (Experts@Minnesota).In addition to responsibilities
specific to this role, this position includes areas of work related
to overall organizational priorities that are evaluated as separate
elements:Service to the Libraries, University, and/or the
Establishes a record of visible active contribution to the
Libraries, the institution, and/or the broader community that
extends beyond assigned responsibilities.
Professional Development and Contribution
Contributes to the advancement of librarianship through visible
professional activity, particularly as it contributes to the
achievement of library and University objectives. Evidence of such
contributions would typically include work in relevant professional
or scholarly organizations, publications, and/or evidence of
scholarly reflection and output.
Salary & Benefits: This is a full-time, 12-month, continuous
appointment track academic professional position with probationary
appointment at the Assistant Librarian rank with the potential for
appointment at the Associate Librarian rank. The salary minimum for
this position is $58,500 depending on qualifications. The Libraries
offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent
benefits, substantial moving allowance, and possibility for
flexible work location arrangements.
- MLIS from ALA Accredited Institution or equivalent combination
of advanced degree and relevant experience.
- Experience working with research metric data sources (e.g., Web
of Science, Scopus, Google Scholar).
- Experience working with research information management
systems, such as Pure, VIVO, Esploro, or Profiles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging trends in research impact
- Demonstrated experience administering and supporting library
systems or tools.
- Thorough understanding of university research environments and
the ability to work collaboratively in a team-based
- Demonstrate a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
and work environmentPreferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated involvement in professional activities, including
evidence of ability to contribute to librarianship, research, and
service as well as capacity for leadership within the
- Project management skills, including experience managing
multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Experience working with business intelligence or reporting
tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Crystal Reports, or others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with software
developers and other technologists.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Position available immediately. Applications will be accepted until
filled. Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for
this position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online
application for the position and attach a cover letter and
Please attach the following documents in Word or PDF Format: (DO
NOT copy and paste.)
- Cover Letter (identify cover letter with UL460).
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of
three current references.Additional documents may be attached after
application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading
documents there. Review of applications begins immediately and will
continue until the position is filled.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis , Research Information Management Librarian (UL460), Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!