Patient Care Manager - RN- Hospice
Company: ProMedica Senior Care
Posted on: November 26, 2022
ProMedica Senior Care, formerly HCR ManorCare is one of the leading
providers of Hospice, Home Care Skilled Nursing, Memory Care,
Palliative Care, and Assisted & Independent Living. Heartland,
ManorCare and Ardent Courts are now part of the ProMedica family of
services. The home health and hospice, skilled nursing and
rehabilitation, memory care services you know us for are now part
of an integrated health and well being organization. At our core,
we are a not-for-profit, mission-based organization working to
create a stronger, more cohesive approach to delivering care at the
right place and right time. The Patient Care Manager is responsible
for the supervision, orientation, instruction and on-going
evaluation of all patient care staff who are engaged in the
delivery of care. The PatientCare Manager assures compliance with
agency policies and procedures, state and federal laws, regulations
and accreditation standards.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training,
industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and
grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
4657 - ProMedica Hospice - Serving Twin Cities, Minnesota
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing with
the State Board in which he/she practices.
- Minimum of one year experience in home health care, or hospice
nursing preferred, may be specified by state.
- Previous management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Home Care or Hospice Conditions of
- Necessary 50%. Occasional overnight travel may be
- Office/Facilities and patients home
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection,
illness, and physical contact from disruptive patients.
- Must be flexible to accommodate completion of tasks, meet
patient's needs and referrals.
Job Specific Details:
- Oversees admission process
- Delegates and assigns the patient/family to appropriate staff
and team members, ensuring highest quality of care.
- Visits patients and families as needed.
- Performs work flow within Home Care Home Base as needed
- Participates in Administrative on-call.
- Supervises the staff responsible for patient care and provides
assistance with development, implementation and evaluation of plans
- Schedules, maintains and facilitates interdisciplinary team
meetings for continual updating of patient care plans, exchange of
information and problem solving.
- Develops and promotes programs for continuing staff support,
in-service and education.
- Implement and monitor compliance with rules and regulations of
Federal and State regulatory agencies and accreditation
requirements, and policies & procedures of agency.
- Assures complete and accurate documentation in compliance with
all regulatory agencies.
- Interviews, hires and provides orientation and training for the
- Provides staff performance evaluations/counseling/implementing
appropriate disciplinary action of employees.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate per
- Evaluates employees on-site as required per policy.
- Participates in on-call coverage.
- Monitors direct patient care costs and implements staff
education to deliver cost effective, high quality and appropriate
care to patients/families.
- May serve on Quality Assurance Performance Improvement and
- Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the
responsible use of company resources & educating the community to
- Willingly takes direction from Administrator/Director of
- Holds team accountable to productivity standards.
Keywords: ProMedica Senior Care, Minneapolis , Patient Care Manager - RN- Hospice, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!