Risk Management Manager
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionProvide operational and/or financial risk
management by leading the organization in critical risk control
development and day-to-day risk oversight. Provide project support
and lead process reviews identifying risk and developing solutions
while maintaining regulatory and supervisory controls. Serve as
escalation point of contact/ risk liaison by working closely with
business leaders, staff, and external partners to ensure
appropriate information exchange and to drive forward risk reducing
recommendations and actions.Responsibilities
- Facilitate alignment, resolve escalated issues and provide a
point of contact for business and external senior leaders. Identify
and reduce risk through system and process validation, ensure
system reporting and systems displays are accurate and compliant.
Provide expertise to other areas for enhancement and implementation
of Self -Monitoring plans.
- Ensure regulatory and supervisory controls are in place for
products and processes by acting as a point of contact for
internal, external business partners, such as Compliance, Legal,
Products, and senior leaders. Direct and guide initiatives by
validating applicable SEC or FINRA rules to business processes and
enhancing processes or documentation as necessary.
- Review reports illustrating risk parameters and metrics
associated with business lines. Ensure data sources have high
integrity and appropriate risk measures are used. Mitigate risk by
developing and/or monitoring operational metrics across business.
Initiate and/or conduct Risk Assessments across business.
- Develop and enhance risk measurement policies, procedures and
- Enhance risk reporting with new ideas gathered from research,
best practices, and knowledge.
- Lead operational and regulatory audits (i.e. NASD/SEC, FINRA,
Sarbanes Oxley).Required Qualifications
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management
- Strong ability to lead, partner, and influence across all
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive results and meet deadlines to reduce
- Must be able to work indpendently.
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, either through
direct leadership or coaching/mentoring roles. About Our CompanyAt
Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping
clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and
employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and
collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward
the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're
motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares
about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise
Financial.Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We
consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual
orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran
status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Minneapolis , Risk Management Manager, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!