Youth Council Program Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Who is YouthLink?
YouthLink is a recognized leader in the Twin Cities and beyond for
our work to build pathways of opportunity for homeless youth and
youth in crisis ages 16 - 24. Our model is based on providing
support through outreach, handling basic needs, intervention, and
aftercare. Our youth-focused team provides innovative,
evidence-based services that guide youth on a holistic level toward
futures of education, employment, health and wellness, housing
stability and aftercare.
The primary role of the Youth Council Program Manager is to oversee
and create policy and advocacy work for our Voices of Youth
Advisory Council (VOYAC) and other youth. This council is comprised
of 18-24yr old leaders who at one time may have experienced
homelessness. This position will shepard VOYAC to create, maintain
and implement a vision to center youth and youth voice throughout
the agency and expand opportunities for youth leaders.
Additionally, the Youth Council Program Manager will build a
pipeline of youth for the council. They will work collaboratively
and lead with others in the agency and the board of directors, to
move forward our youth-centered organizational policies and
advocacy goals and long-term visions.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a minimal waiting
period which includes, but not limited to: Health insurance
subsidized at 90%, dental insurance, 401(k) and 3% match, company
paid life insurance, a holiday program (11 + 2 floating holidays),
4 wellness days off, generous sick and vacation time off that
begins accruing immediately upon hire, continuing education, and
growth opportunities. At this time YouthLink does offer
- Job Type: Full-time
- Work Schedule: Typically, Monday - Friday, flexibility with
some evening and/or weekend hours
- Salary Range: $48,000-$55,000
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and or Competencies needed to
successfully perform the work:
- Strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office applications as well as exhibit
an ability to learn and utilize handheld applications systems and
other electronic recording systems.
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to work with and
maintain confidential, sensitive information.
- Consistent ability to perform and contribute positively in a
diverse, collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail and
follow up, ability to prioritize many tasks, results
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively both individually
and as part of a professional team.
- Previous experience overseeing program design and development,
implementation and operations, project integration and staff
supervision and training
- Experience successfully building and maintaining a high
- In-depth understanding of local, state and federal legislative
and budget processes
- Strong, proactive project management skills with solid
experience managing and coordinating projects, policy analysis, and
high-impact advocacy campaigns
- Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with
diverse staff, clients, and volunteers
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and
consistency in work performance
- Ability to work with minimal-to-moderate supervision
- Focus on good judgement with a proactive approach to problem
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and
- Maintain an awareness of the agency's mission and work to
promote the positive individual and social change goals it
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keep
the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the
care and welfare of staff and to the youth we serve
Keywords: YouthLink, Minneapolis , Youth Council Program Manager, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!