Director of Meetings and Events
Company: Great Clips
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Greater Minneapolis St. Paul area candidates only please.
The position is responsible for leading the strategy, planning,
management and execution of Great Clips meetings and events. The
position is also responsible for the management of the corporate
- Oversees the strategy, planning, budgeting and implementation
of Great Clips meetings and events to ensure these events meet
their intended objectives and support system messaging and growth.
- Leads site selection of Great Clips meetings, events, and group
retreats/trips to ensure that appropriate sites are booked,
adequate resources are ready and available when needed, executive
and participant expectations are met, and the brand is well
- Leads the strategy for contracting and negotiations on all
event contracts. Works closely with the Legal department to ensure
all contracts protect Great Clips interests and include the maximum
number of concessions. Completes all post-event negotiations and
- Leads the planning and execution of Great Clips meetings,
events, and special trips so that all elements associated with the
events (i.e. meals, reservations, transportation, logistics, etc.)
run smoothly and leave participants with a high level of
satisfaction. This includes working closely with the venues and
contractors to ensure Great Clips' expectations are communicated,
issues are mitigated, events are executed as planned, and onsite
requests and changes are handled as able.
- Provides planning and meeting management services for GCI
department events based on request and availability. This includes
site selection, contracting, budgeting, aiding in the planning
process, assisting with participant communication, onsite
execution, and post-event follow-up.
- Oversees the corporate master calendar to ensure events are
appropriately spaced throughout the year. Works with Communications
to develop and manage participant communication before, during, and
- Oversees the activities of the travel agency to ensure Great
Clips receives the best possible service and rates. Reviews and
negotiates travel partner contracts to ensure maximum benefits and
minimum costs to Great Clips. Coordinates the review and
participation in travel awards programs for the company. Your
Expertise To land this job you will need to show your proven
- Knowledge of best practices in the meeting planning industry;
knowledge of food and meeting trends, event coordination, and
- Knowledge of process definition and documentation.
- Project management experience including managing multiple
projects at one time.
- Organization skills, time management skills, and attention to
- Knowledge of and skill in using the Microsoft Office suite
including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a variety of technology and computer
software; ability to learn software quickly.
- Written and verbal communication skills to initiate
professional and effective contact with executives, salons,
franchisees, corporate staff, vendors, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs occasionally; ability to pack
boxes and push/pull a loaded cart.
- 5-7 years' experience leading the meeting planning function.
- Bachelor's degree required; Certified Meeting Planner
designation preferred. Your Work Environment Our corporate
headquarters are in Bloomington, MN. Our approach to work
environment focuses on the balance between teamwork and flexibility
which means that you have the choice to work predominately remote
(besides monthly in office Connection Days, potential in person
team meetings, and two days per week in office for Directors) or in
the office based on your personal needs. Our office has lots of
natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many
other amenities, so we are sure you will enjoy your office time as
much as working remotely.
Ability to travel monthly, up to 50%. Ability to work a flexible
schedule including evenings and weekends.
Key Competencies Getting Results
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build
realistic plans. Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility,
think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance,
communicate with impact and influence others. Managing People
- Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through
mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager's direct,
indirect and cross-functional teams. What We Offer We offer a
competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a
company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that
set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and
aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you
along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will
create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One of the most frequent compliments you will hear
about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners
alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that
we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have
an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our
differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we
listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we
exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a
competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong
position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to
look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips With more than 4,400 franchised salons throughout
the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world's largest
haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are
dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic
and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are
passionate about what we do.
Keywords: Great Clips, Minneapolis , Director of Meetings and Events, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!