GCM Relationship Manager II - Loan Agency (Hybrid)
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview: Manages client relationships and daily administration
of assigned Global Capital Markets (GCM) syndicated loan accounts
of varying complexity and importance, including all administrative,
operational and risk management activities for GCM transactions. -
Serves as main point of contact with the client and internal and
external service partners to follow short and long-term strategies
to achieve sustainable earnings growth and compliance with Bank and
Division strategic plans. - Manages daily administration of
assigned transactions, including delivering exceptional service to
clients, ensuring all internal controls are satisfied. Works with
internal partners as appropriate.
- Monitor relevant administrative and operational systems,
databases and activity related to accounts of moderate to
significant intricacy, complexity and level of risk, to ensure
accounts are setup and operating within established policies,
procedures and guidelines.
- Review, analyze and provide comments to counsel related to
negotiation and drafting of operative documents and agreements for
- Coordinate activities related to monitoring risks and ensuring
regulatory compliance for assigned accounts with Legal, Risk,
Compliance and/or Audit as required.
- Help close loan transactions, calculate payments and interest
and approving wire transfers.
- Research and resolve issues related to control and client
service aspects of assigned accounts in a timely manner to maintain
customer satisfaction, working with appropriate internal and
external resources as required.
- Work with external parties, including attorneys, financial
advisors, interested parties and alliance/service partners, to
structure and close GCM transactions in a timely manner.
- Complete various account administration activities of moderate
to significant intricacy, complexity and risk including, timely
cash flow execution and fee billing, internal and external
reporting and tickler processing. -
- Participate, along with GCM Sales, in sales calls to current
and prospective clients, either in-person or over the phone and
prepare fee proposals to support new business opportunities.
-Evaluate fees for suitability and conformance with fee schedules.
-Partner with Fee Billing to monitor and timely collect aged
- Manage relationships, cultivating current and prospective
clients and referral sources to uncover opportunities and potential
sources of new business including representing GCM at transaction
closings, attending and chairing client meetings and presentations
and preparing relevant documentation to support the attraction,
retention and expansion of client relationships.
- Identify areas, based on transaction knowledge and fees
charged, where revenues can be increased by charging additional
fees when services change; advise management of these
opportunities. -Implement approved fee increases, fee discounts and
waivers as identified or instructed and per established controls
- Provide coverage and support for other Relationship Mangers
within assigned Section/Unit as required by absence.
- Represent GCM and/or lead departmental projects and Corporate
initiatives on a periodic basis.
- Assist management with the development and operation of
business products and processes.
- May supervise and/or mentor less experience associates.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. - Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:Bachelor's degree and a minimum
of 2 years' client service experience in Global Capital Markets
products or markets, corporate trust or syndicated loansOR in lieu
of a degree,A combined minimum of 6 years' higher education and/or
work experience, including a minimum of 2 years' client service
experience in Global Capital Markets products or marketsHigh level
of proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent
softwarePrior experience reading, analyzing and interpreting legal
documentsPrior experience calculating amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions and percentagesFamiliarity with corporate
structures, relevant laws and regulationsProven problem-solving
skillsStrong verbal and written communication skillsStrong
Education and Experience Preferred:CCTS (Certified Corporate Trust
Specialist) certificationWorking knowledge of pertinent specialized
internal software applicationsManagerial or leadership
experienceDemonstrated sense of ownership in jobs or projects
#LI-LP1#WTLocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, United States of
Keywords: M&T Bank, Minneapolis , GCM Relationship Manager II - Loan Agency (Hybrid), Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!