Director, Transaction Management (Remote)
Company: BGC Partners
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Newmark Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NMRK), together with its
subsidiaries ("Newmark"), is a world leader in commercial real
estate, seamlessly powering every phase of the property life cycle.
Newmark's comprehensive suite of services and products is uniquely
tailored to each client, from owners to occupiers, investors to
founders, and startups to blue-chip companies. Combining the
platform's global reach with market intelligence in both
established and emerging property markets, Newmark provides
superior service to clients across the industry spectrum. Newmark
generated revenues in excess of $2.9 billion for the year ended
December 31, 2021. Newmark's company-owned offices, together with
its business partners, operate from approximately 160 offices with
over 6,200 professionals around the world. To learn more, visit
nmrk.com or follow @newmark.
The Director services current and new accounts by coordinating and
driving various transaction activities and will work with internal
departments to manage purchase, sales and lease transactions. The
Director will also serve as the in-house point-of-contact for
clients, brokers, and others to collect or to provide information
on all account transactions.
Essential Job Duties:
* Coordinate with Account Manager to align transactions with the
client's real estate objectives.
* Collaborate with assigned business units/regions to understand
and support operational requirements and expansion or contraction
of the business.
* Implement the transaction process to complete seamless
transactions on behalf of the client and in accordance with
client's processes and procedures.
* Source and manage third party brokers/service providers where
* Act as the liaison between the landlord, local broker, Account
Manager and Business Unit/Regional Real Estate Director.
* Assist the Account Manager in the execution of Corporate Real
Estate (CRE) portfolio strategy through lease renewals, new leases,
sub-leases, lease terminations and land & building purchase and
* Prepare, review, analyze, and interpret financial analysis
templates including book and cash flow projections, NPV (net
present value), and/or IRR (internal rate of return) to determine
the financial impact and economic value of multiple transaction
* Coordinate and execute all steps and processes surrounding
transactions including the completion of project initiation sheets,
market surveys, client tours, RFPs, counterproposals, LOI, broker's
opinions of value and test fits to lease execution and project
* Maintain all transaction records and forms using tools and
technology. Prepare reports and makes presentations to relevant
parties. Prepare follow up letter to brokers and clients as
* Monitor and maintain a real estate project tracking system to
ensure timely transaction completion.
* Negotiates leases and lease amendments working with local
stakeholders and legal team. Monitors lease expirations. Negotiates
lease renewals within prescribed timeline.
* Serve as liaison with clients relative to administrative matters,
including obtaining executed lease copies, scheduling meetings, and
being available to respond to inquiries or receive new assignment
* Review commission calculations with brokers, prepare deal sheets
summarizing terms of transaction, and track commission payments and
annual commission income reports.
* Prepare project close-out files for all completed transactions,
including all transaction documents, list of project contacts,
lease abstract, executed lease/agreement, and activity log.
* Track project travel expenses.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in business or real estate.
* Real estate sales associate license required.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including proficiency in
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
* High degree of professional customer service to both internal and
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of
disagreeable elements; Remote work with occasional travel.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: BGC Partners, Minneapolis , Director, Transaction Management (Remote), Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!