Product Manager Prior Authorization
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Surescripts serves the nation with simpler, trusted health
intelligence sharing. We connect nearly 2 million players in the
healthcare industry, impacting the care of almost every American
patient. We deliver insights at critical points of care for better
decisions - from streamlining prior authorizations to delivering
comprehensive medication histories to facilitating messages between
The Product Manager defines and executes product lifecycle plans
that maximize value for customers and satisfy end-users. This role
serves as a sought-out subject matter expert (SME) in product
capabilities and collaborates with internal stakeholders including
the Strategy, Product Commercialization, and Business Architecture
teams to define and maintain a product strategy and vision. The
Product Manager is responsible for the ideation, definition,
prioritization, and delivery requirements across market segments.
This role will provide high-level and detailed analysis, defining
solution roadmaps that balance technical, legal, security, and UX
The Product Manager oversees the development of product
documentation highlighting system functions and capabilities. The
Product Manager ensures their products support the overall company
strategy, objectives and key performance metrics while ensuring
user and customer satisfaction. The Product Manager works closely
with customers, operations, engineering, development and support
teams to develop and ensure operational excellence of the products
under their responsibility.
- Serve as product subject matter expert (SME) within the company
and in the industry, specifically related to capabilities,
competition, industry landscape, value proposition, revenue drivers
and industry standards.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap and share with
stakeholders by leveraging the principals of User-Centric
- Build a 3-year product strategy and 1-year detailed execution
game plan and roadmap.
- Represent Surescripts at industry conference events, panel
discussions, trade shows, and other engagements that call for
demonstration of industry leadership and a proactive/strategic
- Mentor Product Analysts that support the product
- Partner with Marketing to develop content and presentations for
customer meetings and forums.
- Responsible for product innovation (e.g., new products to be
developed for general availability, product line extensions).
Oversee pilot programs for enhancements to products.
- Partner with business users and business analyst to define
technical and process requirements using a strong understanding of
- Define the scope, goals, and deliverables and timelines of
- Manage and communicate product status, risks and opportunities,
including product debriefs with improvement recommendations.
- Identify inter/intra product program dependencies, ensure
product launch checklist is completed, and take action to reduce
risk and ensure predictable delivery.
- Oversee and perform development activities from gathering
requirements and designing solutions to release / deployment.
- Take guidance from customers and internal sources to prioritize
product maintenance and enhancements with development partners
- Create analytical dashboards, using tools such as Tableau, to
track steps to value progress, product quality and customer value
- Lead the launch of the product by aligning with market needs,
customer interests and internal goals, developing product business
plans, providing SME support.
- Partner with the Product Commercialization and Marketing teams
to create product positioning, personas and key value proposition
to create marketing artifacts and sales enablement tools, including
webinars and marketing materials.
- Provide product training to product teams and Customer Group.
Support sales and account managers by attending customer meetings
and calls as needed.
- Define and manage key levers to influence P&L outcomes;
communicate with internal business partners.
- Work with third parties to assess partnerships and licensing
- Develop customer relationships with key stakeholders and
represent Surescripts at industry standards workgroup meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in related, progressive roles
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare or a field related to the
business - data networks, transaction processing systems or
- 3+ years of development background in automated measurement and
- 3+ years of experience assessing market and customer needs for
information products and servers
- 2+ years of experience in product definition, product
management and product launch
- Experience creating and managing primary research projects
- Experience creating business plans
- User-Experience Design training or background
- Master's degree in a related business or healthcare field
- 5+ years of experience in physician vendor applications,
pharmacy or PBM services
- Technical product development background in business/product
analysis and / or QA
- Project Management experience and/or certification
Surescripts embraces flexibility through its Flexible Hybrid Work
model for most positions. This model allows employees to work
virtually while still utilizing our offices as collaboration
centers. With alignment and agreement from your leadership, you can
come and go from the office as needed .
What You're Like
Better care experiences. Improved outcomes. Reduced costs. These
are what our customers care about. And you're ready to step into a
key role as part of the solution, not just for our customers'
benefit, but for healthcare at large.
What We're Like
Ours is a diverse team of leaders who execute business strategy. If
we had to choose just one thing that we all have in common, it's
curiosity. Curiosity drives our understanding of health IT as we
translate exciting concepts into actionable build requirements. We
know what it takes to get new products to market.
What the Work is Like
In Product Innovation, we are on a mission to innovate unmatched
solutions for patients and the people that care for them during the
moments that matter. This work punches above its weight. Its impact
is nationwide. Through user-centered design philosophy and
iterative innovation, we leverage open and trusted relationships
with our partners to get at our customers' unmet needs.
Why Wait? Apply Now
We're a midsize company. This means you're not just another
employee ID number. Here, you can build real relationships and feel
supported by truly awesome people with diverse backgrounds and
talents in an innovative and collaborative work culture. We strive
to create an environment where you can be yourself, share your
ideas and work your way. We offer opportunities for employee
development, as well as competitive compensation packages and
Benefits include, but are not limited to, comprehensive healthcare
(including infertility coverage), generous paid time off including
paid childbirth and parental leave and mental health days, pet
insurance, and 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting. To
learn more, review the Keep You and Yours Healthy, Balancing Work
and Life, and Where Talent Takes Shape links under the Better
Benefits. Better Work. Better Life section of our careers site.
Physical and Mental Requirements
While performing duties of this job, an employee may be required to
perform any, or all of the following: attend meetings in and out of
the office, travel, communicate effectively (both orally and in
writing), and be able to effectively use computers and other
electronic and standard office equipment with, or without, a
reasonable accommodation. Additionally, this job requires certain
mental demands, including the ability to use judgement, withstand
moderate amounts of stress and maintain attention to detail with,
or without, a reasonable accommodation.
Surescripts is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability,
medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information,
gender, sexual orientation, parental status, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected
under federal, state, or local law.
A requirement of this position is that you must be vaccinated
against COVID-19 in order to perform your essential job functions.
Surescripts will consider accommodation requests as required by law
for individuals unable to be vaccinated because of a medical
condition or a sincerely held religious belief.
Keywords: Surescripts, Minneapolis , Product Manager Prior Authorization, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!