Maintenance and Damage Manager
Company: Avis Budget Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals-although
over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries
has taught us a thing or two about that. We're shaping the future
of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused
solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget
Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more
convenience, more options and more time on the road for our
customers. But we also connect our employees to more:
opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most
importantly-power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join
Lead our Fleet Maintenance team to success and ensure our customers
are always safe in our fleet of new vehicles! As a technical expert
and team manager, you'll oversee preventative maintenance, repair
orders, outside vendor support, and warranty submissions.
What you'll do:
- Assign work and supervise associates; ensure all repair orders
are completed and processed in accordance with guidelines; approve
all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for
- Select, manage and inspect outside vendor work to service
levels and standards; maintain invoices and insurance
- Ensure timely and quality completion of recalls and
- Minimize vehicle downtime and units out of service.
- Ensure warranty submissions meet or exceed business plan and
are properly submitted.
- Guide P&L performance and productivity.
- Hire, train, engage, energize, set up for success, coach and
recognize team members to enable a high-performing culture.
- Guide the resolution of employee relations issues and maintain
- Ensure safe work environment and processes in and around our
What we're looking for:
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years of hands-on mechanical supervisory
- Ability to travel depending on district/territory to outlying
locations and vendors.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Proven ability to engage a team and drive results.
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide work
direction to a team of technicians and staff.
- Strong time-management, multitasking and problem solving
- Strong process orientation with a focus on continuous
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving and
organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive cross-functional team player able to work in a fast
paced service-oriented work environment.Extra points for this:
- Knowledge of the rental vehicle industry, collision estimating,
and repair practices.
- Bachelor's degree or automotive technical school degree or
- ASE certifications and/or automotive technical training or
Perks you'll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group
Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal
Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance,
Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public
transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase
of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including
counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care
service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility
options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and
Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations
in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and
want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to
an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer -
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and enter
and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise
or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the
general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions
and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This
position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States of America Associated topics: calibrate, field
service technician, machine maintenance, machine repair,
maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, malfunction,
mechanical, repair, service technician
Keywords: Avis Budget Group, Minneapolis , Maintenance and Damage Manager, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!