Architectural Project Manager (Healthcare)
Company: LEO A DALY
Posted on: August 7, 2022
LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment
dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of
design. For more than 100 years, we've created places that inspire
wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative
teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and
program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by
a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and
environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other,
we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the
urgent challenges that face our world.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the
ability to become involved in and remain current on issues relating
to a number of concurrent projects in various stages.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals throughout the
organization with a strong team-oriented approach.
- Exceptional client management, customer service orientation,
writing and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making
- Prepares and negotiates client proposals and contracts.
- Establishes project scope with the client, attends client
meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors,
and others during various stages of project development.
- Fosters positive relations with clients, subconsultants, and
- Oversees the timely collection of fees from clients.
Leadership & Management
- Provides project leadership on multi-disciplined teams in
delivery of architecture and engineering services to support the
needs of our Healthcare clientele.
- Establishes and discusses project goals, objectives, design
standards and procedures with project team and Healthcare Market
- Manages team complexity - plans, organizes, and supervises the
work of a design staff of approximately 5 to 10+ individuals.
- Coordinates and participates in reviews with Minnesota
Department of Health, Metropolitan Council, and various other
governing agencies for code compliance in relation to all
applicable codes, guidelines, and ordinances.
- Identifies project related risks and proactively plans for
- Coordinates with the project team and discipline leaders, both
internal and external, regarding fee preparation.
- Prepares fee proposals.
- Develops schedules and project plans and monitors the project
team's progress against the schedule and budget.
- Communicates relevant information with the project team.
- Ensures all project deliverables go through a detailed
technical QA/QC review.
- Monitors subconsultant work progress against contract.
- Identifies changes in scope of work and prepares and
coordinates requests for additional services.
- Resolves project related disputes in a prompt, professional
- Coordinates project invoicing with Market Sector Leader and
- Reviews the performance and work quality of the project team
and provides feedback to the Market Sector Leader and department
managers; recognizes outstanding contributions and provides
constructive feedback for areas of improvement.
Business Development & Client Relations
- Fosters long-standing and mutual relationships with clients in
pursuit of Trusted Advisor status and opportunities for repeat
- Participates in project interviews when required.
- Assists with proposal development and RFP responses in pursuit
of new business.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Architecture is
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- 8+ years AEC industry experience.
- Large project experience
- Must have a proven track record as a Healthcare Project Manager
with complex and fast-paced projects involving work that ranges
from pre-design through construction administration, including
contract negotiation, work plan development, and the ability to
work with a variety of project delivery methodologies.
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of FGI, IBC, and NFPA as
applicable to healthcare projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project
personnel, internal office staff, and clientele.
- Proficient computer skills with use of Autodesk products,
Microsoft Office and Bluebeam; Deltek experience is a plus.
- Professional license in Architecture or Engineering
- Experience in healthcare preferred.
Why join LEO A DALY?At LEO A DALY, you will become part of a
collaborative design culture and do work that matters. As an
integrated design practice, we believe that a diversity of
perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each
other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a
spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating
spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the
institutions that serve them. Join LEO A DALY - help us transform
Keywords: LEO A DALY, Minneapolis , Architectural Project Manager (Healthcare), Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!