Engineering Control Systems and Data Acquisition Manager
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including
Trane and Thermo King , we create innovative climate solutions for
buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what s possible
for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the
world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a
better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive
at work and at home. We boldly go.
Thermo King is hiring an Engineering Control Systems and Data
Acquisition Manager in Minneapolis, MN. This position has been
designated as On-Site. This exciting role leads a team in the
Research and Development engineering laboratory with responsibility
for coaching, motivating, and managing a team of engineers and
technicians while also providing in depth knowledge of lab test
system controls and data acquisition processes.
- Collaborate with the Product Managers to understand emerging
data needs and set priorities for acquisition targets given
upcoming product development. Focus on electrified products.
- Work closely with Data Operations (Data Science & Modeling and
Simulation teams) to understand any data ingestion requirements and
be able to articulate data layouts to potential contributors.
- Collaborate with IT to develop potential API connections to new
data sources or design specific data exchanges to attain new data
sources. Research and implement AWS Cloud based data storage.
- Participate in Commercial Line of Business strategy discussions
to understand priorities and understand future data needs.
- Contact potential data contributors to secure their
participation in data management and working toward standardized
test set ups.
- The role works closely with local and global engineering
groups, requiring strong project management and communication
skills. Ensuring quality data driven results essential for success.
- Coordination of work with all members of design teams (data
science, engineers of all disciplines, modeling, and simulation,
- Demonstrated ability to identify the source of system
deficiencies and apply innovative solutions to technical, logistics
and team challenges
- Ability to interpret and prepare circuit diagrams, technical
specifications, drawings, and reports and generally to communicate
effectively, in writing and face-to-face
- Demonstrated understanding and practical skills with (i) TCP/IP
- Strong in linear & non - linear control system
- Ensures adherence to all Health & Safety procedures
- Follow Management of Change process to maintain/update
equipment configurations as needed
- Manage and follow software versions and revisions
- Maintain data acquisition equipment including calibration,
spare parts for critical tests and estimate needs and ensure
vendors and equipment are loaded into the Asset Management
- Develop training materials on control topics
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA) on incidents
- Contribute to the development of new test related processes and
- Develop the business case for capital projects
- Actively participate in team-based problem solving and
continuous improvement initiatives (Kaizen, 5 Why, Six Sigma, Value
Stream Mapping, Brainstorming)
- Maintain technical competency with emerging technology
- Current knowledge of budget management, cost control,
- Experience with PLC selection is required
- Knowledgeable in Control Systems and PLC Ladder Logic and
function block diagrams required
- Ability to analyze metrics and data and identify system and
machine optimization opportunities
- Experience designing and installing instrumentation and control
systems in hazardous areas
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling,
crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in
small openings and climbing hand over hand
- Physical effort with some handling of light weight supplies or
materials (0 to 25 lbs.)
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when
needed, flexibility required
- Development and design of the control system strategy and
- Recommend and design optimization programs to the operational
areas using the data provided by the automated systems
- Provide technical support to Engineering and Maintenance
Departments in the design, selection, and installation of new
- Bachelor s or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such
as Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics,
Statistics, or Physics (essential)
- 3+ years developing data assets leveraging traditional product
- Working knowledge of database architecture and data management
- Knowledge of the marketplace with understanding of emerging
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude
- Proven success managing projects
- Refrigeration system knowledge preferred but not required
- Clear dedication and orientation around safety
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
Base Compensation Range is $68,000 to $140,000. Total compensation
for this role also will include an incentive plan.
Disclaimer: This base salary range is based on US national
averages. Actual base pay could be a result of seniority, merit,
geographic location where the work is performed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Minneapolis , Engineering Control Systems and Data Acquisition Manager, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!