Housing Director/Executive Director (Senior Living Community)
Company: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD.
Location: Prior Lake
Posted on: August 7, 2022
POSITION: HOUSING DIRECTOR (ASSISTED LIVING/EXECUTIVE
COMPANY: Suite Living Senior Care
LOCATION: Prior Lake, MN
COMMUNITY TYPE: Senior Living (Memory Care + Assisted Living)
SALARY RANGE: $70-75k/yr (DOE, Negotiable)
SHIFT/HOURS: FT Salaried, M-F (On-Call As Needed)
***We are seeking an experienced Assisted Living Director/LALD to
join our BRAND NEW Memory Care + Assisted Living community located
in Prior Lake, MN!***
The Housing Director/Assisted Living Director (LALD) supervises the
delivery of services to residents/tenants by internal staff in
coordination with the Clinical Nurse Supervisor. This role requires
an active Assisted Living Director License (LALD) as you will be
overseeing a Senior Care community that consists of Memory Care and
Assisted Living services. This role is responsible for the overall
management of operations and delivery of exceptional care services.
A background in Senior Care and/or Supervisory experience is
absolutely necessary to be successful in this role.
With Respect to Tenants and Occupancy:
- Provides tours and explanation of services to potential
tenants, families and referrals.
- Gathers relevant information to determine if prospective
tenants meet the residency requirements of the building.
- Monitors and documents any tenants who are not meeting the
residency requirements, calling conferences with the tenant and/or
the tenant's responsible person, makes recommendations for more
suitable options and, if necessary, begins the process to terminate
the residency agreement
- Maintains necessary documentation for each tenant, such as
residency agreement and verification that the tenant received
information required under the Assisted Living with Dementia Care
- Follows through move-in process with each tenant and assists
them during transition period.
- Coordinates with the Clinical Nurse Supervisor, the tenant, the
responsible person, the county caseworker and others as necessary
when a tenant is having difficulty meeting the residency
requirements or when the tenant's needs are likely to exceed the
services available from the arranged home care agency
- Maintains positive relationships with tenants, their families,
housing and home care staff and the larger community.
- Is responsible for investigating and reporting incidents of
suspected tenant maltreatment (abuse, neglect or financial
exploitation) and reporting these findings to appropriate county
officials, in coordination with the Clinical Nurse
- Meets monthly with tenants and staff.
- Assures follow-through of a quality social/activities program
for the tenants.
- Creates and implements marketing plan, including development
and maintenance of a mailing list, tracking system for all
referrals and follow-ups, marketing to discharge planners, county
case managers, other referral sources and the general
- Represents the building at community events and events held in
surrounding communities to assure the community is informed of the
building and its services.
- Is willing to carry cell phone and be 'on call' for
With Respect to Project Operation:
- Responsible for recruitment, retention, supervision,
disciplinary action and termination of employees, coordinating with
the Clinical Nurse Supervisor regarding Assisted Living with
Dementia Care employees. Performs annual evaluations for each
employee, coordinating with the RN regarding home care employees.
Coordinates with the RN to schedules employees to assure building
coverage 24 hours/day.
- Orients staff to the Assisted Living Program, to the
organization's mission, to emergency procedures, privacy issues and
to other policies and procedures of the organization.
- Approves absence requests, sick leave, etc., for
- Coordinates staff education to include annual in-service
covering OSHA, infection control, emergency procedures and other
basic information needed by both housing and home care
- Make or authorize any necessary project-related expenditure
consistent with established budgets.
- Establish and monitor the implementation of routine
preventative maintenance and housekeeping programs in coordination
with maintenance staff.
- Identify and oversee the correction of any health or safety
hazards in the building or on the grounds.
- Establish routine tests of building "Emergency Plans" and
systems and update these plans and systems as necessary, with
training for staff.
- Develop and implement a system to inventory, order and control
supplies and equipment.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of food service quality, nutrition
and variety of menus and implement necessary changes in
coordination with the cooks and tenant recommendations.
With Respect to Project Management:
- Assures building is in compliance with federal state and local
standards and regulations. Is available for license
- Routinely inspects building, grounds, and equipment for update
- Makes weekly 'rounds' of outside grounds and inside building to
assess areas in need of improvement based on physical appearance in
the public's eye. Corrects immediately.
- Works with county regarding contracts for Group Residential
Housing and Elderly Waiver, in coordination with the RN
- Meets monthly with nursing regarding billing.
- Responsible for assisting in preparation of annual budget and
capital replacement plan, as well as fiscal management of the
- Advises supervisor of potential improvements, budget issues,
methods of improving operations and all issues pertinent to
- Monitors on a monthly basis, the financial condition of the
project, oversees all building expenditures and reports/consults
with supervisor on budget variances.
- Meets monthly with supervisor to discuss current financial
status, building issues, staff/tenant issues, etc.
- Ensures all invoices are turned in in a timely manner.
- Handles tenant and employee grievances and documents on
appropriate forms for referral to supervisor.
- Must be Licensed as an Assisted Living Director with BELTSS and
must maintain a current and unrestricted licensure. (LALD)
- Previous Senior Care and/or Supervisory or Management
experienced highly desired
- Must have a sensitivity and aptitude for working with the
elderly and/or disabled persons.
- An understanding and ability to carry out an effective
- Able to understand the needs of seniors.
- Possess skills to communicate effectively with those you may
supervise or those to whom you report and with tenants and their
- A familiarity and contacts with the social and supportive
services in the community.
- Having sound personal judgment on a broad array of
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with the senior
- Must pass a criminal background check consistent with the
requirements of the State of MN
- Competitive pay
- 100% Company Paid Medical Benefits 1st of month (after 30 days
- Paid Holidays
- Life / AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K with company match
- Opportunity for Growth!
Keywords: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD., Minneapolis , Housing Director/Executive Director (Senior Living Community), Executive , Prior Lake, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!