Manufacturing Foundry Production Manager (Aluminum
Company: Le Sueur Inc.
Location: Le Sueur
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionManufacturing Foundry Production Manager
(Aluminum Sand Mold Dept.)Starting Pay Rate - Depending on
- 1st Shift (Mon - Fri 5:00 am - 3:20 pm)Great People - Great
Compensation - Generous BenefitsImagine growing your career with a
company where great people make it exciting to come to work; a
company where everyone gets industry-leading benefits and where you
have time for friends, family, and life.If you're honest,
hardworking, treat others with respect, and want the opportunity to
learn and grow your career, we want to talk to you.Job
DescriptionIn this position, you will plan, direct, and coordinate
Supervisor(s) and department work activities, resources, and
processes for manufacturing products to safely achieve product
quality, delivery, and cost. You will drive department operational
excellence via staff development and continuous improvement in
safety, quality, productivity, inventory turnover, on-time
delivery, lead time, cost, and scrap reduction. You will work
collaboratively with all other functions across the organization to
drive operational excellence across the entire value stream.
- Possesses a high degree of leadership and interpersonal
- Personally embodies LSI Core Values (conservative approach,
dignity, integrity, and continuous improvement) and holds
department staff accountable to do the same
- Routinely present and available to all department employees on
- Ensures all department staff are actively engaged in a formal
career development plan to maximize personnel, department, and
- Identifies and develops existing and potential leaders so
Supervisors and Lead coach, encourage, train, and support team
- Ensures that department staff are cross-trained to increase
Company flexibility to meet customerdemands
- Manages department production to ensure delivery of quality
products in a safe, timely, and cost-efficient manner.
- Directs the scheduling and planning efforts of Supervisor(s) to
achieve the needs and objectives of the Company and Customers.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and provides resources to achieve
annual operating and budgetary plans.
- Ensures that ISO procedures and work instructions are in place
and effectively utilized.
- Practices apply and coach Lean principles to realize
improvements in the areas of Safety,Quality, Cost, and
- Ensures all department staff are actively engaged in LSIP, and
continuous improvement processes.
- Ensures safety is never compromised. Promotes safety training,
LSIPs, workplace and process improvement, and department adherence
to all safety rules and LOTO procedures.
- Ensures that products are manufactured in sufficient quantities
to satisfy customer requirementswhile maximizing efficiency and
maintaining minimum inventory levels.
- Stays abreast of new technologies, manufacturing processes, and
management developments andutilizes this knowledge to develop short
and long-range plans to improve manufacturing techniques,
equipment, and production methods.
- Works closely with Engineers to optimize processes, quality,
productivity, and material flow.Minimum RequirementThe ideal
candidate would have the following skills/knowledge:
- Five years in a manufacturing supervisory role, preferably
- Preferred: Six to ten years of department-specific supervisory
experience, including work experienceand/or work experience or
training in Lean/Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of Sand Mold operations and machines.
- Previous successful implementation of Lean principles.
- Communicates effectively - Trusted to interact with all levels
of management, staff, and customers.
- Exceptional leadership skills, ability to work and train
- Strong blueprint reading skills
- Intermediate mathematical skills.
- Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet, database, and
presentation software skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- Demonstrated history of creating team accountability.
- Competent to prioritize work activities, solve problems, use
time efficiently, and develop realistic work activities.
- Big-picture thinker - balances the best interests of all LSI
Stakeholders.Educational RequirementMinimum: Associate's degree in
a related field.Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Industrial
Engineering, Business Management, Industrial Management,or a
related field.Ideal CandidateThis individual is able to build and
maintain a safe and friendly work culture and exemplify the 4 core
values of LeSueur Incorporated. They would focus on employee
strengths and excellence while encouraging and assisting the
employees' weaknesses to better themselves. Other qualities we are
looking for are:
- Ability to handle pressure and stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and honestly with their team
as well as other team members within the company, and work with
them to produce results within their position.
- Ability to be reliable for your employees, getting things done
that you said you would, and supporting your team however
needed.Functional RequirementsInfrequently able to:
- Manually lift and move product and materials up to 50 lbs.
through regular physical exertion, including but not limited to
reach forward, reach overhead, lift, carry, crouch, and bend
- Power grip and wrist turn, including the use of hand tools
and/or steering fork truck
- Walk, sit, or stand for up to 12 hours with intermittent
- Push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- See, inspect, handle and evaluate product quality
- Read and understand written English language work
- Work in non-climate controlled environments, including hot and
- Climb ladders and stairs of varying heights
- Wear task-based Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided by
- Protective Footwear
- Hearing Protection
- Protective Eyewear
- Additional PPE may as required by specific tasksIndustry
- Generous medical/dental insurance plan
- Flexible PTO/UTO policy
- 401k with company match
- Company-paid Short-term disability
- Employee assistance plan
- Career advancement
- Formal leadership development
- Education reimbursement program
- Recognition and awards
- Employee events (fishing contests, Christmas turkeys, potlucks,
appreciation meals, and more)Similar job titlesProduction Manager,
Sand Mold Supervisor, Sand Mold Production ManagerAbout LSILe Sueur
Incorporated is a world-leading supplier of complex and
pressure-tight aluminum castings and plastic injection molding
components. We specialize in utilizing permanent mold, sand
casting, die casting, plastic injection molding, and precision
machining manufacturing processes.Located in Le Sueur, Minnesota,
Le Sueur Incorporated is a 3rd generation family-owned company our
- TransparentThis job posting does cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.EEO/AA/M/W/Vet/Disability
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Le Sueur Inc., Minneapolis , Manufacturing Foundry Production Manager (Aluminum, Executive , Le Sueur, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!