RN Nurse Manager $5,000 Sign on Bonus!
Company: The Waters
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionMonday - Friday schedule!The mission of The
Waters is 'To create a sense of community where everyone
THRIVES'.We recognize that every team member is a direct reflection
of The Waters. Attracting and investing in professional, caring,
and compassionate team members is essential to our mission. We want
our team members to feel inspired and to THRIVE, just as our
residents do.Why The Waters?
- Paid holidays; double time for holidays worked
- Instant access to 50% of earned but unpaid income with
- PTO, use it as you earn it
- Medical and Dental Benefits available the 1st of the month
- 401k after 6 months, fully vested
- The Waters Values Teamwork, Humility, Responsibility,
Innovation, where Victories are celebrated and Every moment
matters! Where you can THRIVE!Position Summary & Primary
Responsibilities: The RN Nurse Manager role supports the Director
of Health and Wellbeing and the day-to-day clinical operations of
the community. The RN Nurse Manager plans, organizes and
coordinates the nursing process to provide excellent care to
residents based on The Waters Way of service, presence and
partnership. The RN Nurse Manager serves as a key point of contact
for team members, residents, resident representatives and
providers. The RN Nurse Manager is responsible for providing
exceptional customer service, utilizing courtesy, dignity, and
respect. Clinical Responsibilities:
- Manages resident care with specific knowledge and experience in
assessments, symptom management, crisis intervention, service
recovery and family collaboration.
- Collaborates with other health care entities, such as providers
or therapeutic disciplines, in the assessment of resident care
needs; adjusts the resident service plan to correlate with best
recommended care through an interdisciplinary mindset.
- Responsible for the identification of clinical education needs
that are outside of routine requirements, such as new resident
specific skill competencies.
- Responsible for conducting comprehensive clinical assessments
to identify person-centered and holistic approaches to care needs
and to promote successful outcomes.
- Assigns and oversees appropriate delegation of services to
subordinate team members.
- Maintains appropriate clinical data integrity through best
practice documentation standards and appropriate use of data-based
- Responds immediately to unexpected/emergency situations that
arise outside of the daily assignment, including but not limited
to: emergency response system calls from residents, security
issues, and falls.
- Investigates and reports suspected resident abuse or neglect
per defined procedures immediately.
- Maintains HIPAA policy and procedure to ensure resident
- Assist residents and/or resident representatives to understand
financial cost of associated care plans, including the risk and
benefits of recommended services or declined services.
- Assists with auditing nursing practices for compliance with
applicable state and federal regulations.Supervisory
- In conjunction with the Director of Health and Wellbeing, the
RN Nurse Manager provides supervision of the health and wellbeing
team, including coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees to
promote growth, development, and health and wellbeing.
- Builds loyalty and common purpose among all team members who
will deliver a myriad of services, both traditional assistance with
daily living, nursing care and a host of wellbeing services.
- Assist with scheduling to assure safe staffing ratios per
resident service plan need.
- Identifies and encourages growth potential opportunities for
- Identifies and adapts educational opportunity geared towards
individuals' learning capacity of team members.
- Maintains risk management, including medication error and fall
assessment and invention.
- Collaborates with the Director of Health and Wellbeing to
implement VA reporting procedures and intervention, including MAARC
documentation, internal investigation and resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate application of the
resident service plan, including thorough, accurate, and
efficiently completed delegated services.
- Responsible for conducting rounding and ensuring leadership
presence on the care floor.
- Assist in annual performance reviews of unlicensed personnel in
collaboration with the Director of Health and Wellbeing.
- Responsible to enforce overall direction and performance
management according to the nursing scope of practice and The
Water's standards of operation.
- Guides community policies and procedures to ensure standards of
care are met.Leadership Responsibilities:
- Leads by example and models professional behavior for team
members, and continually coaches the team to achieve results that
exemplifies The Waters standard of excellence.
- Participates in community department goal setting and QAPI
initiatives, including addressing quality and efficiency of the
level of care delivered.
- In collaboration with the Director of Health and Wellbeing,
reviews and strategizes departmental needs according to labor
reports, health and wellbeing score cards, and department
- Identifies practice safety gaps in areas such as administration
and documentation of medication and/or treatments, physician order
capture, resident assessments, service plan development, care plan,
and best practices.
- Maintains a customized caseload and clinical presence that
allows for best practice in integrative nursing modalities and
development of evidenced-based methods to capture the uniqueness of
The Waters experience.
- Assist in the integration of technology as appropriate to
benefit the community, the residents and the team members.
- Attends required meetings, in-services, and conferences as
- Is available for phone consultations when clinical needs arise
during normal business hours, and occasionally after normal
- In conjunction with the Director of Health and Wellbeing,
assist with the interview and onboarding process for the
- Participates in a nursing on-call rotation per community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Education & Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing by the
state in which the community is located.
- Preferred two years of general nursing experience within a
- Dementia certification or willingness to become certified.
- Preferred previous supervisory and leadership
experience.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to coach, delegate, and supervise healthcare team
members in the performance of nursing procedures and processes with
a focus on safety and competence.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations,
including the Assisted Living Bill of Rights as it applies to the
community's nursing practice.
- Excellent basic nursing care skills and advance care ability
within the scope of practice based on The Nurse Practice Act and
The Nursing Code of Ethics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, electronic medical records,
and other supportive technology as applicable to enhance the
resident care experience.
- Possess compassion for and commitment to hospitality, service,
and excellence in senior care.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication in
- Demonstrates leadership, good judgment, and dependability.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and define/resolve problems.
- Ability to function as a primary caregiver and perform duties
of unlicensed team members.
- Ability to set appropriate and professional boundaries in
working with team members, residents, resident representatives and
providers while simultaneously being approachable and
- May require occasional untraditional hours based on community
need.The Waters is an equal opportunity employer proudly committed
to a diverse workforce. The Waters participates in
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: The Waters, Minneapolis , RN Nurse Manager $5,000 Sign on Bonus!, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!