Director of Human Resources
Posted on: May 16, 2022
MRCI, a non-profit organization creating innovative and genuine
opportunities for people with disabilities or disadvantages at
home, at work and in the community is hiring for a Director of
Job Summary:The Director of Human Resources is responsible for
providing leadership and establishing and implementing human
resources strategy to support MRCI's mission, vision, Team Promises
and strategic plan. The Director of Human Resources manages and
coordinates the daily administration of the organization's human
resources personnel policies and programs affecting staff, FSE,
clients and supplemental workers. Director of Human Resources
interprets MRCI's personnel policies and ensures consistent
application throughout the organization. Performs in compliance
with MRCI policies, procedures, external regulations, safety, and
accreditation standards. Provides excellent customer service to
management, staff and constituents.
- Prepare, recommend, implement and manage employee policies,
procedures and practices. Maintain and update personnel policy
manual. Monitor the application of personnel policies to ensure
consistency and risk management, including the review of
- Provide human resource consultation, advice, and assistance to
management, leadership and supervisors regarding policies,
regulations and trends.
- Oversee the organization's employee recruitment policies and
procedures for employees and supplemental labor as needed.
- Administer performance management system, including annual
performance evaluation process, orientation evaluation process, and
career development opportunities.
- Oversee the preparation, implementation and reporting of MRCI's
Affirmative Action Plan.
- Administer compensation and salary program, ensuring
appropriate internal and external equity.
- Manage employee relations, focusing on retention and employee
morale. Conduct investigations, follow-up on complaints and respond
with appropriate action to resolve situations.
- Provide oversight to worker's compensation program and
participate in actions and decisions to ensure that all statutes
and policies are followed. Monitor claims for appropriate actions
including involvement with SFM, QRP's and legal counsel.
- Create and/or update policies and programs and present them to
Chief Officers for final approval.
- Oversee reporting, filing appeals, and record keeping
requirements for unemployment compensation claims. Attend
unemployment hearings on behalf of organization.
- Manage MRCI's benefit programs for MRCI's group health, dental,
and life insurance plans, the Flexible savings account program, and
the 403(b) retirement plan. Work with broker to source, negotiate,
and recommend benefit programs to MRCI management and board.
Implement programs and communicate changes to staff.
- Maintain relationships with external vendors to provide human
resource management and/or employee services as needed.
- Be responsible for performance management of department
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited
university; Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years of progressive human resources experience,
human resources leadership experience preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP Certification(s)
- Previous experience working with people with developmental and
mental disabilities, their families, and their caretakers is
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and local laws surrounding the
field of human resources.
- Complies with federal and state employment laws.
- Proficiency in computer-based office software, including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Demonstrates wide-ranging interpersonal, written, and verbal
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with people
in potentially stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform required
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to make good independent judgment and
- Holds a valid Driver's License with access to a reliable
- Clear a MN Department of Human Services background check and
physical exam to demonstrate the ability to perform the physical
demands of the job.
Employment Perks: $1,000 Hiring Bonus, 12 Paid Holidays, Health,
Dental and Vision Insurance, 10 Vacation days and 10 Sick days,
403b Retirement with company match, and Health Savings Account
(HSA) with company match.
MRCI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: MRCI, Minneapolis , Director of Human Resources, Executive , Mankato, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!