Purchasing Project Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Responsible for purchasing input through all phases of a
project including confirmation of supplier selection and approval,
first article completion, and establish
- standard costs.
- Manages procurement related tasks from development to
- Works closely with commodity managers, engineers, and suppliers
to control product cost, performance, and meet project
- Communicate project timing to buyers, suppliers as well as
sharing supply strategies with engineering.
- Drive standardization of components in development and leverage
existing approved suppliers while supporting category management
strategies. Communicate the need for new suppliers to Category
Managers & Supplier Quality Engineers.
- Identify and manage the sourcing and procurement of components
supporting multiple New Product design teams.
- Communicates New Product Development Projects to the
Procurement Team. Supports key project needs, technologies, timing,
- Accountable for completion of transactional tasks including
requests for quotes and drawing updates, PO maintenance, delivery
status, loading costs to Oracle, communicating specification
revisions with suppliers.
- Initiate print reviews of supplier parts between engineering,
supplier quality engineers, and suppliers for defined project
- Identify / document cost reduction opportunities and
communicate them to the respective category team.
- Understands specifications relative to materials sourced.
Select best manufacturing processes and associated suppliers
resulting in a component that meets organizational
objectives.Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Materials
Management, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3+ years purchasing/supply chain management
experience with demonstrated capabilities.
- Experience working with direct commodity ownership,
negotiation, and new product development.
- Strong communication skills to support necessary interaction
with suppliers, internal customers, support groups, engineers, and
- Must be flexible in assignments and be proficient in managing
- ISM, CPSM, APICS or actively pursuing certification is
preferred. About Actalent:Actalent connects passion with purpose.
Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value
and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve
more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact.
Were supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences
that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes
consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable
continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is
an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Minneapolis , Purchasing Project Manager, Executive , Rogers, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!