Market Manager - Real Estate Acquisitions
Company: Second Avenue
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Second Avenue is recruiting a Market Manager in Minneapolis,
MNSecond Avenue is the premier platform for enabling institutions
to deploy meaningful capital into single-deeded residential assets
(SFR) while retaining control and valuable lines of sight into
their investments over time. Second Avenue's proprietary technology
and exclusive relationships have allowed it to bring scale to
scattered single family investment homes, a strategy that was
previously untenable as an institutional asset class. The Company
provides all aspects of sourcing, acquisition and property
management services for its clients. We offer a positive culture
and professional work environment. Please visit our website for
additional background on our business platform - Must be a licensed
Real Estate Salesperson or Broker in the State of MinnesotaWe are
looking for a highly motivated, extremely professional self-starter
who loves helping people and teamwork. We operate in an
entrepreneurial start up culture and thrive on challenging the
status quo.Position SummaryThe Market Manager will be expected to
build and lead a team that will facilitate the acquisition of
residential properties meeting our investors criteria through
traditional sources such as MLS as well as off-market and
relationship sources. marketing platform and the collective network
of the team. The ideal candidate for this role must be able to
analyze a property value through standard sales comparable analysis
and income capitalization approach as our company has several key
and exclusive captive investment buyers. For leads which do not fit
our captive buyer investment buyers, the candidate must be able to
manage and coach the team to convert leads to either traditional
retail listings or wholesale transactions - ie. each lead is a
potential source of revenue and the candidate will be expected to
manage and be accountable for both top line and bottom line
results.The Market Manager will coordinate with our property
management group as we continue to build operations in the Carolina
market. The ideal candidate will be an effective people manager and
able to delegate, motivate and empower their agents to create
business plans that increase listing inventory and sales while
providing effective training programs that help agents acquire
customers, negotiate deals, and complete paperwork for the
sale/listing accurately.This role is also responsible for
implementing consistent and standardized processes for leads and
transaction processing as well as developing local marketing
strategies and brand awareness.Must be a self-starter and
comfortable working from a remote location away from headquarters
and the executive team. Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview and recruit agents from the community and outlying
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures,
detailing operational methods, training agent partners to for
leads, underwriting and operations for maximum closings.
- Establish procedures and reporting for Agent general
transactions, ensure compliance with policy, review and approve
disbursement authorization based on Company guidelines.
- Implement operational standards to ensure that all leads
created are called, distributed, worked and updated.
- Be the primary point person responsible for ensuring each lead
is maximized and updated.
- Drive sales and profitability.
- Work to prevent any delays that impact the home acquisition
process for the Company and our sellers and buyers.
- Monitor operational workflow to ensure optimum compliance,
accuracy and efficiency.
- Foster and maintain superior business relationships with Agent
Partners and corporate teams.
- Plan and run weekly sales meetings that provide value to the
agents, their business, and company operations.
- Mentor agents in their businesses and guide them to increase
their sphere of influence. Conduct periodic performance
- Review Company Policy and Procedures; train new agents in the
Company on tools and brand.
- Collaborate and assist the Marketing Department in the
development of a marketing/media calendar to promote the Company.
Assist Marketing in creating opportunities for agents to promote
themselves within the community.
- Review contracts, answer agent questions, and resolve agent
issues. Bring compliance issues to agent's attention when queued by
- Resolve listing, transaction, and commission issues for agents
when required by Transactions and Listings Coordinators.Skills and
- Must be a licensed Real Estate Salesperson or Broker in the
State of Minnesota
- Experience in institutional singe family rental industry.
- Real estate investment experience.
- Experience managing multiple rehabs in various stages.
- Comfortable calculating profitability analysis.
- Comfortable creating appropriate rehab strategy for marketing
- Able to manage high volume portfolio in various phases of
- Understand brokerage compliance.
- Comfortable with RE purchase contracts.
- Must be organized and a self-starter.
- Experienced in underwriting and/or investment property
- Knowledge of real estate sales transaction processes, closing
and title clearance processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to use PC and widely used software packages including,
spreadsheets/Excel, word processing/Word, Microsoft Office etc. and
learn new software packages as necessary.
- Able to meet deadlines, plan and coordinate multiple projects
- Must possess good organizational skills, have the ability to
handle multiple tasks simultaneously and demonstrate good
communication and customer service skills.Job Type and Compensation
- Full-time, Salaried-Exempt - Base Salary $80k-$90k
(commensurate to experience)
- Quarterly Bonus Potential - Average total comp range
$120k-$150k based on successful MarketBenefits
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance, 401k, Paid Holidays and
VacationNOTE: This job description is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications
associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned. PI
Keywords: Second Avenue, Minneapolis , Market Manager - Real Estate Acquisitions, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!