Technical Project Manager (Remote)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Experity is the leading software and services company for
on-demand healthcare in the U.S. urgent care market, providing an
integrated operating system complete with electronic medical record
(EMR), practice management, patient engagement, billing,
teleradiology, business intelligence and consulting solutions.
Nearly 50% of the U.S. urgent care market runs on Experity
solutions. With Experity, providers can best meet the demands of
the evolving on-demand space and deliver high-quality,
high-velocity care by streamlining operations, improving patient
experiences and optimizing revenue.
Experity Unveils New Urgent Care EMR/PM Designed to Power the
Future of On-Demand Care
In addition to medical, dental and vision benefits Experity
- Flexible schedules
- Gym reimbursements
- Fun company events throughout the year (summer picnic,
Christmas party and more!)
- Team building
- 401K company match
- Experity Synthetic Equity Program (ESEP)
- Paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
This positions is eligible to work remotely or a hybrid of remote
and in the office. If you live a commutable distance to one of our
office we would love to see you!
The Technical Project Manager's primary responsibility is to
coordinate technical projects across multiple development teams
Experity's suite of applications and be a mentor and leader to the
software development teams. This position promotes our Agile/Scrum
framework, proactively manage sprinting team's deadlines, acts as a
liaison between technical teams as well as non-technical
stakeholders to ensure the projects stays on track.
- Directly oversee overall technical project in engineering teams
(on shore / offshore); This includes providing day-to-day
supervision, mentorship, sprint, and release milestone planning,
grooming and various development activities
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire
execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of
scope, budget, and timeline.
- Works as a technical leader to effectively guide and facilitate
large cross-functional meeting(s)across engineering teams, so that
new challenges (scope increase, schedule changes etc.) or
constraints may come to light.
- Functioning as the Main POC (point-of-contact) for engineering
team's work progress, dependency tracking, and the removal of team
- Works alongside peer leaders of IT, QA and Product teams to
manage and motivate cross-functional software development teams to
deliver high-quality monthly releases on schedule
- When necessary, help drive the Agile team ceremonies with the
focus of successful sprint deliverables
- Participate in release planning events and help release team
providing iteration and defect updates tied to sprint and release
milestones as well as finalize application deploy
- Spends time looking ahead to upcoming development work and
gather the required people (stakeholders, architects, etc.) to
begin initial discussions to aid in team planning for later
- Working with engineering managers, architects, and stakeholders
to know what metrics need to be built into upcoming features, how
to present them as needed, working with the team to implement
needed metrics in initial story creation, etc.
- Monitor and measure engineering KPI / Metrics (velocity,
carried over stories, sprint quality, sprint performance, burndown
charts, defects root cause etc.) and be able to discuss and display
them to engineering leadership.
- Create and maintain Engineering KPI(s) and productivity reports
using Engineering tools like Target Process and/or Jira.
- Maintain development execution roadmap, gather, and review
proposed modifications on the roadmap, including meeting with
engineering leadership to approve and implement beneficial
- Work with engineering managers and help forecast potential
resources required for the project
- Work closely with engineering and finance stakeholders and
generate reports to track on the budget and accounting for the
- Serves as a liaison to IT Governance to facilitate application
deploys through the Governance process.
- Support team's non-development needs such as: needed equipment,
onboarding new hires, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least five years' experience managing and coordinating large
complex enterprise technical projects across onshore/offshore
- Working with software engineering teams to ensure the delivery
of quality software.
- Help determining and defining clear deliverables, roles and
responsibilities for engineering team members
- Strong Experience with issue tracking software (Target Process
- Strong Experience with version control software (Git,
- Strong Experience with SDLC methodologies and leveraging
Scrum/Agile concepts and release process
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming
- Strong experience in generating and maintaining engineering
KPI(s) and productivity reports.
- Strong experience using SharePoint and/or Office 365
- Decent understanding of technical infrastructure, software
configurations, and technical bottlenecks and dependencies in
Microservice driven development
- A bachelor's degree in computer science/equivalent degree or
equivalent combination of education and experience
Nice to have(s)
- Experience as a developer using Microsoft technologies
- Experience managing and developing applications on On-Prem
and/or Cloud (AWS) environments
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (SQL Server
- Work with engineering leaders and participate in architecture
conversations and decisions for feature implementation across
Experity's suite of applications.
Every team member exhibits our core values
- Team First
- Lift others up
- Share openly
- Set and Crush goals
- Delight the Client
Keywords: Experity, Minneapolis , Technical Project Manager (Remote), Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!