Sr. Manager, Data and Analytics
Company: Sleep Number
Location: Saint Michael
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The Senior Manager of Supply Chain Data and Analytics is
responsible for developing and driving projects and capabilities in
information visualization and analysis and that will enable the
business intelligence to improve supply chain performance and
customer experience. This key resource will work closely with
functional leaders, project teams, and finance to understand the
core factors influencing business performance and meeting customer
needs. With the deep experience and understanding of business
processes and factors, this individual will lead a team of
developers and analysts to create the BI tools to monitor
performance, provide visibility to performance drivers, and
information to drive strategic decisions on priorities and
resources. This senior manager will collaborate closely with IT
partners, business intelligence team, external resources,
suppliers, and supply chain leaders to establish the right data
needs and structure, tools, processes, and capabilities that will
create a sustainable competitive advantage for Sleep Number.
- Build, lead, manage, and develop high-functioning analytics
- Lead the supply chain analytics team in the development and
deployment of visibility tools that provide the functional teams
actionable views into their performance and drivers. This will
include quality/compliance, logistics, warehousing, inventory
strategy, manufacturing, delivery, and other customer centric
- Own and drive data and analytics road map with direct tie back
to strategic goals of the supply chain and enterprise.
- Drive cross-functional analytics collaboration to integrate
data sets enabling strategic business insights
- Gather, define, and articulate business data/analytics use
cases for new internal/external information sources.
- Partner across functions to establish performance indicators
and success metrics for operations and proposed initiatives,
products, and/or services.
- Collaborate with the IT business intelligence team to integrate
product roadmaps along with developing data mining, analysis, and
presentation capabilities to support supply chain operations and
- Explore, assess and acquire as appropriate external analytical
tools and models to support business processes.
- Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of
business intelligence/analytics applications.
- Defines budgetary needs for team and applications with input
from business operational leaders.
- Create and deliver analytics training to democratize and grow
the use of data visualization and report development in decision
- Designs and oversees analytical approaches and methodologies to
determine best practices for the supply chain and broader
organization.Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and actionable access to needed operational data
- Supply Chain projects are supported with strategic data based
- Bache lor level degree in Business with a concentration in
Information Management Systems, Supply Chain Management, Logistics,
Material Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in business intelligence,
operational research and statistics, data analysis and
- Experience with Supply Chain Optimization, Operations
Management, Information Systems and Inventory Management
- High level skills in SQL, Power BI or Tableau, and data
visualization tools or other related software systems
- Experience with software/system development and management
(product ownership and agile/scrum methodologies)Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- 5-8+ or more years business/ technology/service experience
- 5-8+ years in Retail/Consumer/Supply Chain goods business
- Demonstrated experience of data visualization tools and best
practices, Power BI/Tableau a plus.
- Demonstrate courage and "can do" high-performance midset
- Experience working in Agile development and software
development life cycle.
- Demonstrate agility to pivot and change as demands and
- Effective in a passion-driven, fast-paced, quickly changing
- Experience in data governance, completeness, and accessibility
of supply chain data is a plus
- Able to manage high-impact and multiple projects
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be hands-on while inspiring and leading
- Highly energetic, highly organized, and hard working
- Passionate about creating for innovative solutions to advance
Keywords: Sleep Number, Minneapolis , Sr. Manager, Data and Analytics, Executive , Saint Michael, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!