Senior Director of Recruiting - CBB
Company: U.S. Bank
Posted on: April 11, 2021
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the
communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the
United States, we're one of the country's most respected,
innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an
equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse
workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among
other factors. Job Description At US Bank, the Senior Director of
Recruiting is responsible for developing, implementing and driving
talent acquisition strategies aligned with the current and future
needs of our largest group, Consumer and Business Banking. They are
accountable for ensuring successful business outcomes are met by
developing partnerships and through enabling their team to
implement talent acquisition strategies; maximize recruitment
technologies and ensure a high-quality candidate and hiring manager
experience. A desire and ability to deliver differential and
dynamic solutions by translating organizational talent objectives
into acquisition strategies is a key success factor in this
position. Responsibilities will include:
- Interact and effectively manage relationships with senior
leadership to create strategy and vision for the assigned
recruiting operation in complete alignment with business needs and
- Build exceptional talent pipelines at all levels for our
organization's current and future talent needs.
- In partnership with recruiting leadership, continue to enhance
cross-functional recruiting capabilities, including metrics,
analytics, redeployment and reskill initiatives, assessments,
policies, training, etc.
- Cultivate networks and establish proactive partnerships with
stakeholders to manage current and future demands, consult on
talent strategies, and support business change and growth.
- Create and deliver external market insights, as well as
qualitative and quantitative data to assigned business unit(s) to
recognize trends and assess recruiting strategy effectiveness.
- Lead and manage a sophisticated team of talent acquisition
professionals. Focus on developing consulting capabilities,
positioning the broader recruiting organization as a strategic
partner for business leaders and across the Human Resources
- Partner closely with executives across the organization to
assess organizational needs and develop thoughtful and innovative
direct sourcing, pipelining, referral, networking, and agency
- Evaluate and refine internal and external candidate sourcing
channels and selection processes to improve results, enhance
candidate and hiring manager experience, further digital
capabilities, and focus on delivering against the diversity,
equity, and inclusion (DEI) charter and priorities.
- Assess and manage risk while considering the objectives and
goals of the business.
- Demonstrate high levels of facilitation skills in consulting
with the business, effectively addressing difficult situations with
executive savvy; takes decisive and well-rounded action in
high-pressure situations; solution focused to improve ineffective
- Drive simplicity in everything we do.
- Business Acumen-. Aligns high-level thinking and strategy to
business priorities and needs through the development and execution
of a robust and innovative recruiting strategy. Proven track record
of leading through organizational transformation and change.
Understands the business and talent market; demonstrates industry
- Talent Leadership Acumen - Facilitate and guide solutions to
enable the business to achieve its strategic objectives through the
talent acquisition. Bring insights, adaptability and is regarded
and a talent expert for the assigned business(es).
- Operational Excellence. Leverages technology, data and
analytics for greater recruiting performance by fully leveraging
workforce planning capabilities, capacity management, metrics,
assessments, and onboarding support, as well as with the
performance management of a recruiting organization. Uses data to
create actionable plans.
- Visionary Leadership - Stewards of the culture. Leads through
ambiguity, navigates and removes barriers, agile, engages in
continuous learning to be aware of emerging trends and best
- Collaboration & Influence -Works closely with peer group and
broader organization to deliver excellence. While highly
collaborative in style, drives results with purpose, speed, and
agility, delivering against business specific needs, while
championing a broader One U.S. Bank approach. Leader has strong
executive presence, with the ability to influence and communicate
at all levels.
- Results Oriented - Exhibits a competitive drive and not afraid
to challenge the status quo. Able to set and meet aggressive goals
and action plans, both as an individual and with a team.
- Proven history of leading and/or influencing teams through
- Capability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data,
recognize trends and recommend action.
- Result orientated, ability to recognize needs, solve problems,
anticipate issues, and develop employee centric solutions using
strong analytical, business and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to make sense out of complex situations, have
intellectual curiosity, outcome driven, calculated risk taking and
- Experience in providing work direction, coaching, and guidance
to direct reports, other HR professionals and administrative staff,
- Demonstrated visionary leadership, with ability to lead through
ambiguity, navigate and remove barriers, be agile, and engage in
continuous learning to be aware of emerging trends and best
- Strong work ethic and proactive, team-oriented approach with
unrelenting focus on quality and detail; ability to roll-up their
sleeves and ensure high quality execution of programs and
- Self-motivated, able to set priorities effectively, multi-task,
pivot easily as priorities change and follow through to meet the
demands of multiple constituencies.
- Effective communicator; ability to convey messages in a clear
and concise manner, and drive change and influence through
effective communications' execution.
- Highly relational with a proven track record of influencing
- Highest ethical standards; a role model for expected standards
- Strategic with the ability to deliver and execute flawlessly.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee
benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and
we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's
why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs,
resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and
stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your
family. Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including
tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by
visitingusbank.com/careers . EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal
opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
E-Verify U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland
Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United
States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an
Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated
by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about
the--E-Verify program . Our 74,000 employees work across
departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth
management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment
services customers across the country and around the world turn
their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create
change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently
and ethically upholding U.S. Bank's best-in-class financial record
and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we
put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful
relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we
support and the communities where we live and work.
Keywords: U.S. Bank, Minneapolis , Senior Director of Recruiting - CBB, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!