Site Operations Director (BW Flexible Systems, Minneapolis
Company: Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Site Operations Director (BW Flexible Systems, Minneapolis, MN)
Minneapolis, MN About Us:BW Flexible Systems is a global
manufacturer of packaging systems that fill and bag thousands of
food and non-food products. Our packaging systems are designed and
manufactured to maximize the efficiency and lifetime value of our
customers' packaging lines. Our range of machinery includes
form-fill-seal, feeding, bag filling and sealing, pouch-making
equipment, flow-wrap, reclosable packaging solutions, palletizing,
stretch-wrapping and more.Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global
supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for
the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting
industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined
operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller
has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team
members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to
build a better world.Job Description: The Site Operations Director
is responsible for the overall performance of the site through
leadership of teams that include Engineering, Production Planning,
Project Management, Manufacturing and Warehousing. Builds vision
for step change and drives safety, execution and operational
excellence within the operations teams with focus on sending those
in their care home safe, well and fulfilled. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive overall performance with a focus on contributing to site
and divisional financial commitments.
- Serve as part of Site Leadership Team: Collaborates with peers
to drive the success of people and performance for the BWFS
business in North America. Execute business improvement and
activity that delivers on Budget commitment.
- Lead and/or facilitate a safety program with focus on safety
and wellness through actions and words. Ensure the safety of all
team members through direct leadership reports.
- Set vision in alignment with divisional objectives and drive
operational excellence through the operation.
- Proactively engage in the personal growth of Operations leaders
and work closely with functional leaders where appropriate.
- Report on site and team performance, forecast expectations,
safety and improvement progress on a regular cadence.
- Lead teams through activities that continuously improve
Delivery, Quality and Cost within the Operations.--
- May lead and/or oversee facilities and ensure a safe and
vibrant work environment which meets compliance
- Maintain a visual workplace, providing an environment for
empowerment and team member-driven problem solving.
- Align Operational activity with needs of BWFS global
- Develop and execute a dynamic operational system that will
deliver standard and engineered products that align with customer
- Recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of teams and
- Maintain effective relationship with Union representatives,
- Work with leaders at other Barry-Wehmiller Flexible Systems
locations to implement our vision of thinking globally and acting
- Periodically represent BWFS at Barry-Wehmiller L3, operational
excellence, and other applicable conferences and
- Work with other Barry-Wehmiller divisions to share best
practices and create global leverage.MINIMUM
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Operations Management or a
- 7 years of experience in a manufacturing operations
- 5 years of experience in leadership and people development
- 5 years of experience using Lean tools to drive purposeful
- Ability to travel periodically (10%)
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving
- Experience leading in a Union environment
- Engineering Leadership Experience
- PMP Certification
- Advanced Lean certification
- Education and/or experience demonstrating business
acumenBarry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
This organization uses E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to
pre-employment screening which may include drug screening,
reference checks, employment verifications, background screening
and/or skills assessments.Company:BWFS US - Minneapolis Posted 30+
Days Ago Full time R005672 About Us Throughout Barry-Wehmiller, we
hold ourselves to a unique measure of success: by the way we touch
the lives of people. It's that vision that drives us in creating
world-class experiences and solutions for our customers and unites
us around our common goal-to use the power of our business to build
a better world.
Keywords: Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc., Minneapolis , Site Operations Director (BW Flexible Systems, Minneapolis, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!