Body Shop Technician
Company: Nuss Truck & Equipment
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Nuss Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams support all segments of the transportation and construction industry. We have expanded to eight strategic dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth and East Bethel Minnesota, and Eau Claire Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of experience providing highest level customer care and experience.Position SummaryThe Body Shop Technician repairs damaged body parts and bodies of?Heavy Duty Trucks?in accordance with factory and dealership specifications.Job Responsibilities
- Examine damaged vehicles and estimate repair costs.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Position dolly block against surface of dented area and beat opposite surface to remove dents, using hammer.
- Fill depressions with body filler, using putty knife.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills, using wrenches and cutting torch.
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames, using a pneumatic frame straightening machine.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Refinish repaired surface, using paint spray gun and sander.
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts.Skills, Qualifications and Requirements of the Position
- Read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to interpret vendor catalogs.
- Three years of experience as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice.
- Ability to stand for six to eight hours per shift.
- Ability to lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds.Contact InformationTo Learn more please complete an application at https://nussgrp.applicantpro.com/jobs/ or you may visit our website at www.nussgrp.com.BenefitsNuss Truck & Equipment offers a competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, vision discounts, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, educational assistance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO. Sign on Bonuses for qualified individuals.Other Details:The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Keywords: Nuss Truck & Equipment, Minneapolis , Body Shop Technician, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!