Applications Engineer - Engineered Products
Company: MTS Systems
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 15, 2019
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people's lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what's possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials - this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it's a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you'll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You'll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
To provide pre-sales technical support and leadership. Creates MTS value by providing technical expertise in the application and configuration of engineered products/components and service upgrades to meet customer needs. Serves as the technical resource on MTS standard and aftermarket product capability within assign area(s)
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Gathers information to thoroughly understand the customer's technical requirements, specifications and needs.
- Defines prospect's technical problems.
- Converts prospect's desired solutions into specifications and requirements.
- Evaluates technical content and provides recommendations to ensure soundness of configuration and compatibility with integration needs.
- Creates proposed solutions demonstrating MTS' value to the prospective customer.
- Document and communicate prospect's specifications.
- Ensures elements of the solution are well-understood and completed in a timely manner.
- May supply value-added external solution, where appropriate.
- Develops technical content for the proposal and provides it to the selling team.
- Participates in negotiations, as required, by providing input on the technical aspects of the proposed solution. ---Guides customer through the technical solution, if needed.
- Adjusts cost and/or risk assessment during the course of negotiations.
- Manages technical changes. Informs sales leader if proposed solution is modified beyond pre-established guidelines.
- Responsible for a clean hand-off on new projects to Operations.
- Actively assists in conceiving, refining and implementing marketing tools/techniques (brochures, video, trade shows, etc.) used to promote products and capabilities.
- Gathers customer intelligence and provides feedback and competitive information on market strategies.
- Other duties assigned.
Education:BS degree in engineering/technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience or product aptitude.
Product Solutions:Independent; prospect profile may include complex standard and aftermarket solutions or service upgrades. May train lower level AEs.
Thorough understanding of internal processes and product capability.
Technical Aptitude and Decision-Making:Ability to frame problem statements on non-routine issues or testing requirements, identify solution criteria and evaluate potential product solutions.
Travel: Willingness to travel 10 to 25 percent of the time depending upon the region
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status or veteran status.
Posting Notes: Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)---------
Keywords: MTS Systems, Minneapolis , Applications Engineer - Engineered Products, Engineering , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!