AWS Cloud Managed Services Engineer
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Cloud Managed Services EngineerThe Cloud Managed Services Engineer will assist in leading a team that builds automation and services in order to make operating a massive large scale distributed system simple. This person will have a strong understanding of Software Development, Linux & Networking Technologies. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience working as a software engineer. As a Cloud Services Engineer you will excel at making the development software workflow and systems management integrate together and achieve their objectives of reliability and scalability. You will be an automation master and you are familiar with deployment tools such as Vagrant, Chef or Puppet, Saltstack, and AnsibleRoles and Responsibilities
- Maintain technical credibility within the data center industry and the field through demonstration of thought leadership.
- Work collaboratively with clients to develop solutions that meet their technical and functional requirements.
- Develop detailed documentation for client deliverables.
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of technical solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities.
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand client's business, technical objectives, and product requirements.
- Participate in customer briefings and showcase Ahead solutions.
- Participate in client workshops, driving the journey to cloud.
- Contribute to sales, technical, and service delivery collateral including deployment guides, best practices, sizing whitepapers, and solution reference architectures.
- Create technology solutions and participate in services engineering activities such as proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, and solution validation.
- Work with services team to map design into a product/services roadmap to help clients meet their objectives.
- Contribute to frameworks, develop reusable solutions, and mentor internal and external stakeholders on the use of the solutions.
- Take ownership of the initiatives and programs to aid in delivering of solutions.
- Design solutions to meet the business/technical objectives
- Perform cloud migration execution and support
- Possess a positive attitude and feel comfortable working with all levels in an organization including the account team, technical architects, directors, VP's, and CXO's.
- Contribute to blogs, technical articles, or white paper based upon experience
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- Strong project and product management experience
- 5+ years of relevant, engineering experience
- Cloud infrastructure expertise
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Rackspace
- Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
- Experience working with multiple data centers and servers
- Experience with *NIX system administration, Java, Linux/Unix, Perl and Python
- Linux System Administration, ideally CentOS, RedHat or SuSE
- Apache, PHP, Java and MySQL expertise
- Good familiarity with TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Great communication skills coupled with a strong desire for personal development and learning
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors
- Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Nagios, Nginx or Cisco software environments
- Understanding of scaling technologies and solutions
- Security, penetration testing and threat detection tools
- Familiarity with Apache Mesos, Docker, or other container tools
Keywords: AHEAD, Minneapolis , AWS Cloud Managed Services Engineer, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!