Wind Technician [On-site]
Company: EDF Renewables North America Careers
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Scope of Position: EDF Renewables North America is a
market-leading independent power producer and service provider with
over 35 years of experience. We deliver grid-scale power: wind
(onshore and offshore), solar photovoltaic, and storage projects;
distribution-scale power: solar and storage; asset optimization:
technical, operational, and commercial expertise to maximize the
performance of generating projects, and onsite solutions, through
the Company's PowerFlex affiliate, offering a full suite of onsite
energy solutions for commercial and industrial customers: solar,
storage, EV charging, energy management systems, and microgrids.
This level is intended to perform as an assistant to an experienced
technician. This position, under specific direction from the site
supervisor, maintains turbines, including but not limited to
preventive maintenance and repairs as needed. Responsibilities:
- Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any
work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an
efficient and safe manner.
- Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field.
- Grease/torque wind turbines.
- May also service turbines based on the type of turbine
(manufacturer) in multiple wind fields.
- Perform "status" checks including clearing "error" codes on
turbines and repairing the problems.
- Replace mechanical components.
- Service blade and hub components as required by turbine
- Complete on a daily basis, work orders, time cards and any
other required paperwork for the specific project/assignment.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or his/her
designee. Working Conditions:
Wind Technicians spend 100% of their time in the field, excluding
safety; supervisor and scheduled training exercises. Wind
Technicians work in teams and are provided a company vehicle
(service truck) in which they carry the required tools and parts
necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance on turbines in
multiple wind fields on any given day. Generally, Service
Technicians work in extreme weather conditions. Qualifications:
- High school or equivalent: or up to one year related experience
or training: or equivalent combination of education and
- Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training
program for the entry level wind technician.
- Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
- Able to follow both verbal and written instructions To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the
employee is regularly required to: Stand, climb, use hands to
fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 35
pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- -Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending
towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
- Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been
achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an
auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is
- Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as
well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver's
license with a good DMV printout.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to
attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Physical Weight Limit Restriction
Due to weight restrictions associated with life-saving fall-arrest
equipment employees are required to wear while working at heights,
maximum employee weight must not exceed 285 lbs. Employee weight
subject to review at any time throughout the duration of employment
and required annually at a minimum. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently exposed to: --- Extreme
weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
--- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
--- Confined spaces
--- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This role's salary range is between $21.00 - $35.00 Hourly. In
addition, EDF Renewables offers best-in-class employment
- Competitive Bonus incentives: This position is eligible for our
annual bonus program
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: EDF Renewables USA pays 100% of
premiums for employee health benefits & provides low-cost coverage
for eligible dependents
- Rewarding 401k Package: EDF Renewables provides a generous
contribution with immediate vesting We are also proud to offer:
- Favorable time off programs, including paid parental leave
- Rewarding Learning & Development Opportunities
- Personalized Financial 1:1 Coaching Workshops
- Supportive Mentorship & Buddy Programs Be a part of an
innovative and collaborative team environment that fosters our goal
of Delivering renewable solutions to lead the transition to a
sustainable energy future.
Keywords: EDF Renewables North America Careers, Minneapolis , Wind Technician [On-site], Engineering , Glencoe, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!