Senior Controls Engineer
Company: ArchKey Solutions
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Sr. Controls Engineer
This position is based in Minneapolis, MN at the ArchKey
Solutions/Parsons Electric location. About the company
Are you a driven and detail-oriented Sr. Controls Engineer who is
passionate about solving complex industrial control problems? If
so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our dynamic
As a Sr. Controls Engineer with us, you will be responsible to lead
and support the overall mission of the Company's controls and
automation business, in alignment with all approved business
models. This position will have a strategic focus on control
systems integration and industrial controls, serving primarily the
industrial and manufacturing markets where controls and automation
systems exist in client facilities. This position is also
responsible for leadership and adherence to department standards
and processes, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures,
key objectives and regulations.
Day in the life
- Provides leadership to engineering, technical, and programming
execution, with an emphasis on PLC and HMI programming, to a wide
array of manufacturers' hardware and software platforms designed
for the industrial controls and manufacturing automation platform.
A primary focus on Rockwell Automation and Siemens product lines is
- Coordinates and participates in the installation of automation
hardware and software, commissioning and release, and works as a
valuable team leader and member to design and implement automation
- Manages and develops project deliverables independently and/or
within a team. Performs on-site startup, commissioning, validation
- Provides frequent communication, troubleshooting and
problem-resolution consulting on issues with members of the project
team and other applicable parties. Assesses project issues and
risks and works to creatively create and implement best practice
solutions. Maintains accurate documentation of all significant
plans, resolutions and changes.
- Conducts communication meetings with customers to provide
subject matter expertise and discuss work forecasts and planning
- Assists in the design of control systems and creation of
engineering standards, best practices and procedures.
- Provides training as needed to customers and/or team members on
control systems required for specific project work.
- Benchmarks with leadership and other team members to ensure
consistent work standards, strategic goals and objectives, and
policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Creates libraries for development of various software tools
relating to PLC code and HMI graphics.
- Collaborates with leadership and other team members on strategy
planning related to current and future controls and automation
- May act as project team lead in a variety of different customer
scenarios, overseeing control projects with multiple systems for
- Provides regular communications, mentoring, coaching, training
and teambuilding to work team and other co-workers as
- Stays informed of new technologies, techniques and best
practices. Benchmarks with other companies and researches trends
affecting the industry.
- Creates and maintains positive working relationships with
co-workers, customers, vendors, project managers, office and field
staff and others that reflect and support the Company's core values
and meet or exceed the customer's expectations.
- Accurately and confidentially maintains Company records and
other sensitive business and customer data.
- Implements LEAN concepts and methodologies for continuous
improvement of operations processes and activities. Educates others
on LEAN approaches.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local laws and
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
education workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
societies relevant to the industry.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the Company and
works creatively to best support the Company's long-term goals.
Champions and models the Company culture at all times.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in electrical
engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of lead systems integration work experience
with a preferred concentration in manufacturing solutions.
- Knowledge and experience using AutoCAD in electrical control
schematic development and design work.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market
conditions and trade practices. Must have a keen awareness of the
- Skill set to read, interpret and understand electrical
contracts, plans, drawings and specifications.
- Project management and project leadership skills and
experience. Thorough understanding of the project life
- Keen understanding of LEAN methodologies and applications.
Strong process orientation.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to
meet the needs of a dynamic technology office while directly
contributing to the success of others.
- Excellent small and large group training and facilitation
skills with diverse class participants.
- Superior listening, presentation, negotiation, conflict
management and persuasion skills, as well as the ability to
influence employees at all levels, including senior
- Strong leadership, teamwork, coaching, mentoring and
- Demonstrated ability to independently diagnose problems with
strategic thinking skills and detail orientation, as well as to
drive timely and appropriate solutions across all business lines
with self-initiative and sensitivity.
- Strong and professional team player, with effective
collaboration, time management and relationship-building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
high quality documentation and report preparation. Strong telephone
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and
- Demonstrated strong organizational, financial, analytical and
ArchKey Solutions is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an important
aspect of our culture.
- Every person is welcomed --- Every person is included --- Every
person is valued
Keywords: ArchKey Solutions, Minneapolis , Senior Controls Engineer, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...