Sr. or Principal R&D Engineer
Company: LCI-Lawinger Consulting
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Description: Direct HireSummary:This position is concerned
with -discovery, -design, -development, -support, -and
documentation of thrombectomy, atherectomy and support devices from
early feasibility, through design verification, and then
- Own the -development -and discovery -of key breakthrough
solutions in support of future franchise products. -
- Design and coordinate standard engineering tests and
- Define, develop, evaluate and verify designs to meet product
requirement and cost targets
- Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate results
to a technical -team.
- Develop specifications, test methodologies, and test equipment
to evaluate design concepts and product.
- Perform root cause analysis and problem resolution related to
assigned design responsibilities.
- Complete documentation and reports for testing and regulatory
- Create and drive schedules, timelines and resource
- Work with and start conversations with multiple functional
disciplines for design input, requirements and potential solutions
- Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate -results
to -a -technical -team.
- Work cooperatively with Quality, -Regulatory, and Marketing to
launch products in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Work with -manufacturing -and process development engineers in
developing, troubleshooting, standardizing and improving existing
production methods and procedures.
- Use CAD, CFE, and FEA -environment to create, develop, analyze,
and document components and assemblies.
- Identify and design to requirements as required in this
- Support -technical aspects of -PDP, verification and
- Interface with suppliers focused on multiple disciplines of
critical and new components.
- Work with current and emerging technologies to -develop a
technology map -for long term company success.
- Provide technical mentoring of junior level engineers,
technicians, CAD designers -in the areas of product design, testing
- Interface -and build long term relationships -with
- Ability to work internationally with and without travel
- Work under minimal supervisionRequired -Qualifications -/
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science -in Mechanical or
Biomedical Engineering or -similar experience in product
development -of medical devices.
- 5+ years experience in product development with technical
engineering background (Mechanical engineering, Chemical
Engineering, Biomedical engineering, or Material Science). -
- Knowledge of practical mechanical design, materials,
manufacturing methods as well as the ability to apply appropriate
methods and techniques.
- 3D -CAD -software experience -required with -SolidWorks
-experience desired. -SolidWorks -will -be used for all
-engineering -design work.
- Materials experience in polymers, metals, -and micro scale
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and proven record of concept to product activities
- Human factors and useability experience
- Patent portfolio and/or inventorship
- CAD, CFD, and FEA design driver ExpertiseAdditional preferences
- Knowledge and direct experience in thrombectomy product design
- Advanced CAD knowledge, expertise, and interest. - Proven
understanding and expertise in the field
- Strong mechanical design skills including prototype
development, test method and test fixture design.
- Knowledge and direct experience in -3d prototyping and
- Advance degree is preferred
- Design of catheter based technologies.
- Design of Nitinol and Stainless Steel -devices (guidewires,
- Stent design with design for laser cutting/processing
- Packaging design.
- Knowledge -of and/or experience in -patent laws in US and
- Industrial design -for specific use condition
- Electromechanical integration - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-Ideal Candidate DescriptionThe ideal candidate is one who meets
the above general criteria and has -strong technical knowledge,
-excellent creative skills, and -possesses -a unique talent for
communicating with customers. The candidate must be -motivated to
complete jobs on short timelines corresponding to industry
development needs. - The candidate will excel in a high energy,
fluid environment, with multiple responsibilities. - -The candidate
will be an expert in one or more product development disciplines
(e.g. Machining/Injection molding/Extrusions/---) -and have a
proven track record of accomplishments in this area. -
- Physical abilities (must be able to lift 50 lbs.)
- Mental abilities (Use a computer 8 hours per day)
- Working Conditions (Regular office environment; require the
ability to sit, stand and work at a desk)
- Work in an engineering R&D Lab
- Detail oriented paperwork that will require up to 8 hours/day
of computer screen exposure timePowered by JazzHR
Keywords: LCI-Lawinger Consulting, Minneapolis , Sr. or Principal R&D Engineer, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...