Advanced Mfg Engineer Sr Adv
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global
team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the
things that make
the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an
way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it
breathe on Mars. - This is an exciting time to join the Tactical
Products Operations team. We manufacture inertial navigational
products used on
many versatile platforms varying from defense systems, planes, and
as well as satellites and launch vehicles. You will use -your
advanced knowledge of manufacturing engineering
fundamentals to help Honeywell Aerospace deliver innovative
solutions that meet
the evolving needs of our customers. You will work alongside some
of the world's most talented
engineers and support the production of Honeywell's inertial
navigational sensors, with responsibility for manufacturing process
reliability and yield improvement metrics. You will work closely
personnel as well as support functions and may mentor junior
engineers/technicians. Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
You will be
considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national
ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status Key
- Track/monitor machining, assembly, tooling and materials
quality, yield, and productivity performance.
- Review in-process data routinely to identify problems and
initiates appropriate corrective actions. Identify and define
conditions necessary to optimize process performance.
- Prepares written and graphical work instructions for the
communication of manufacturing requirements to production
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying
continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production
techniques to areas of production.
- Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods
(e.g. design of experiment, statistical process control) that may
changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods. Provides
decision-making information by calculating production, labor
material costs, reviewing production schedules, and estimating
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Presents
underlying rationale to operations team and support functions.
- Identify and execute capital projects including automation
initiatives to improve HSE, quality, plant capacity and reliability
lowering operating costs.
- Develop and maintain strong working
relationships with all internal/external customers and suppliers.
technical support to them and mediate engineering issues with them
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace engineering,
Industrial Engineering or equivalent. -
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team
- Ability to define and solve technical problems.
- Ability to prioritize work activities with minimal
- Strong organizational, written, verbal and presentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office and other
related software programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of applied statistics, DOE, SPC
and SQC methods
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience required.
- US citizenship, due to contractual requirements WE VALUE
- Master's Degree is a plus.
- General knowledge of aerospace or similar industry products
with legal and regulatory requirements
- Application of advanced engineering techniques to optimize
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with
- Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get
- Ability to
effectively communicate and present information to team members,
and top management.
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of six sigma tools; Green Belt/Black Belt
Certification is a plus.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to mentor and coach junior level engineers Additional
- JOB ID: HRD186114
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 2600 Ridgway Pkwy,Minneapolis,Minnesota,55413,United
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Engineering (GLOBAL) Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Minneapolis , Advanced Mfg Engineer Sr Adv, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!