Kitchen Maintenance Mechanic
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Full-time - Year-round - ComprehensiveBenefits Package The Kitchen
Mechanic repairs, maintains, and installs a variety of commercial
food preparation and serving equipment. This includes, but is not
limited to: commercial ovens, ranges, fryers, warmers, proofers,
mixers, dishwashers, coolers, freezers, ice machines, and softserve
ice cream equipment. The Kitchen Mechanic also orders supplies and
spare parts as necessary to properly maintain the equipment under
their care. Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a wide variety of
commercial restaurant and food preparation equipment such as
mixers, slicers, blenders, etc.
- Repairs and maintains commercial ice makers and ice
- Repairs and maintains commercial dishwashing equipment.
- Repairs and maintains gas and electric grills, ovens, stoves,
- Repairs and maintains commercial softserve ice cream
- Repairs and maintains commercial gas and electric fryers.
- Repairs and maintains commercial freezers, coolers, cold
tables, and refrigerated display cases.
- Orders and maintains a stock of repair parts as required to
facilitate timely repair of kitchen equipment.
- Maintains all assigned equipment in a safe and functional
condition at all times.
- Installs a wide variety of commercial food preparation serving
- Completes a variety of maintenance related paperwork, including
daily logs, work orders, requisitions, and quotes.
- Provides technical specifications for the purchase of new and
replacement commercial kitchen equipment.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures related to the
operation of all kitchen equipment and tools.
- Communitcates the status of all kitchen equipment and
components in both verbal and written formats to Maintenance and
- Reads and interprets equipment schematics for commercial
ktichen and serving equipment.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines
and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines
and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned. Qualifications:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- At least 5 years' experience in the repair and maintenance of
commercial kitchen equipment.
- At least 3 years' experience with the repair and maintenance of
refrigeration equipment such as freezers, coolers, and ice making
- At least 2 years' experience with the repair and maintenance of
gas or electric cooking equipment such as ranges, ovens, grills, or
- Basic electrical troubleshooting skills (including AC and DC
motors and controls).
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Must posess valid Driver's License.
Keywords: Valleyfair, Minneapolis , Kitchen Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Shakopee, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!