Sr. Diesel Mechanic -
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Why Drive for WM?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Start Pay Range: Based on experience
Sign-On Bonus: $10,000
Shift Schedule: Day Shift
Additional Perks: Annual $1,000 tool allowance & $500 boot
Industry Leading Benefits Home Every Day Stability Additional
Join us and, together, we'll work proud for our communities.
Hiring today, for tomorrow.
About the Job
Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both
diesel equipment and on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. As a
Senior Diesel Mechanic / Lead Mechanic, you'll perform preventive
maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild
major components on vehicles and equipment. You'll work
independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill with
hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics.
What Does It Take to Be a Senior Diesel Mechanic?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- A desire to have a career path leading to a management position
would be ideal
- Skill in operating tools, special purpose equipment, parts and
procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and
- Effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of
equipment and vehicles
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
- Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations. What's the Shop Like?
This shop is modern, clean, and organized! This shop participates
in a mounted wheel program and focuses on delivering a high rate of
efficiency. Our mechanics achieve this high level of efficiency due
to the collaborative environment they've created that focuses on
sharing best practices. If you're looking for a great team
environment, this is it.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call , to speak with a Waste
Management recruiter today
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with
Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and effectively
repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
- Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex
repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Provide assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance
- Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure
modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions
- Advise supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or
if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times
- Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or
rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs
utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
Keywords: Waste Management, Minneapolis , Sr. Diesel Mechanic -, Engineering , Mankato, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!