Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
Company: Enable Data
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Platform Engineers are responsible for designing, building and
managing systems supporting one or more big data technologies.
These technologies enable organizations to deploy modern,
distributed computing solutions. Engineers will determine the
required infrastructure, services, and software required to build
these solutions using on premise or cloud-based infrastructure.
They would perform the following types of activities:
- Transform business or technical requirements into
- Develop infrastructure prototypes and proof of concepts for
specified use case(s).
- Define build and configuration standards to provision
- Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g.
automating code builds and deployments)
- Implement and configure security services to properly harden
- Execute performance benchmarks and optimize system
- Implement operational tools and processes to monitor and
maintain platforms as target service levels (alerting, backups,
- Integration systems with third party applications to enable
visualization, integration or analytics by end users.
- Perform administration of infrastructure, software services,
- Manage upgrades, patches or configuration changes or platform
- Documents build standards, configurations, and operating
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products and
provide guidance to how they could be leveraged.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or
- Certifications desired
- 10+ years engineering experience with---(commercial or open
source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructure
including are metal and virtual servers, storage and
- 5+ years engineering experience deploying and managing
cloud-based infrastructure or services.
- 5+ years big data engineering and management experience using
tools and services, such as, Ambari, Navigator, Knox, Ranger, HDFS,
Oozie, Kerberos, etc.
- 5+ years Linux shell scripting
- 5+ years using technologies like Docker, Puppet, Salt, Ansible,
- Hands on experience with HBase, Cassandra, Mongo DB
- Hands on experience with administration of on premise or
cloud-based big data technologies
- Hands on experience with capacity planning and infrastructure
- Hands on experience with deploying and administration of
operational tools, such as, monitoring, backup, replication, and
- Proficient understanding of security engineering
- Familiar with ITIL or operational management frameworks
Keywords: Enable Data, Minneapolis , Senior AWS DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!