Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Juul Labs
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Juul Labs' mission is to impact the lives of the world's one
billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We
have the opportunity to address one of the world's most intractable
challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research,
design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we
are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we
are hiring the world's best engineers, scientists, designers,
product managers, operations experts, and customer service and
business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at
one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for
Role And Responsibilities
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer reports to Sr. Supplier Quality
Manager and works across the JUUL organization and closely with
component suppliers to help define and execute the highest levels
of quality technical and process excellence, meet all quality
requirements for new products, and assure sustaining quality and
regulatory compliance of existing products. This person will play a
key role in establishing best in class quality systems at our
component vendors and meet all related regulatory and quality
standards. They will interface closely with vendors, design
engineering, automation manufacturing engineering, GSM and PM
within JUUL. This role will be based in East of China but not
limited to travel in mainland China.
- Interface directly with component vendors to establish and
sustain the highest levels of safety, quality standards and
regulatory compliant control.
- Ensure activities across functional teams comply with change
control, process qualification, record control, traceability system
design, deviation control etc.
- Lead the efforts to manage and improve manufacturing processes
and implement best production practices and tools.
- Provide quality updates and dashboards of projects.
- Collecting data and compiling opportunities for improvement
across supplier and contract manufacturer sites, supporting
execution to completion.
- Strong problem resolving player: Identify potential problems
and improvements with design of new products, specifications, and
components. anticipates potential problems, identifies and resolves
performance issues and problems that affect the reliability,
Personal And Professional Qualifications
- 5+ years supplier quality experience of supplier management in
medical device/consumer or other high production volume products,
prefer medical device/medical background.
- Strong technical background in mechanical component design,
molding, stamping, CNC, plating and automation manufacturing
- Strong strategic thinking, verbal and writing communication
skills, English is working language.
- Strong ability to lead process validation, supplier development
and new project launch, trouble shooting and quality
- Ability to leverage a diverse set of people, opinions and
backgrounds to produce excellent results
- Will listen, learn, and prove or disprove assumptions with
- Can-do attitude who will roll up sleeves and do what needs
- Be an excellent collaborator across teams, functions,
organizational boundaries inside and outside of JUUL
- Assertive style that drives excellence in quality
- Bachelor's in Mechanical manufacturing preferred.
- ISO13485 internal/lead auditor preferred.
- Lean experience - Six Sigma certification (green / black
Juul Labs Perks & Benefits
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder
in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for
all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender
expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility
verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the
Keywords: Juul Labs, Minneapolis , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Wilson, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!