Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Project Engineer - 210000Y3The future you want is within
reach.At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find
camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed
to building better communities. That's why we're always looking
ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our
industry.We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can
help you build a career you're proud of.Here's how a Project
Engineer for our Minneapolis DIstrict located in Edina, MN
contributes to our team:
- Performs quantity takeoffs and surveys to manage contract
progress and reporting.
- Maintains contract with select trade partners and is
responsible for subcontract administration, including defining work
scope, answering inquiries, and monitoring progress.
- Reviews and understands contract obligations as per the
responsible work scope.
- Participates in change management and change order process,
including pricing, processing, and assessing cost and schedule
impact before reviewing with project manager.
- Develops and monitors overall project schedule.
- Consults with designers/engineers when reviewing drawings and
suggests value added or alternative construction methods or
- Collaborates with project manager in creating and issuing
tender packages and subcontracts and monitoring their
- Maintains and performs project document control and procedures
(administering RFIs, shop drawing and submittal process,
maintaining as-built drawings, etc.) (BLDG and CIVIL).
- Collaborates with the project team lead in monitoring the
design team for timely response to the submittal schedule.
- Participates in reviews of trade partners' submittals for
compliance with scope, design documentation, and coordination with
other disciplines against the design documentation prior to
forwarding to the design team for their review.
- Works with project manager and superintendent in managing and
reporting overall project or select scope performance as per site
HSE, cost management, schedule, and quality.
- Provides proactive leadership for safety and quality programs.
Prepares and tracks progress claims and estimates.
- Oversees inventory and tracking of materials and equipment and
expedites material orders.
- Prepares work packages for self-perform work and maintains
self-perform schedule and costing system.
- Mentors project field engineers/coordinators and
- Participates in overall construction coordination and
- Identifies and helps to resolve field technical issues.
- Assists with site inspections from the design team to resolve
constructability and site coordination issues and reviews and sign
offs on functionality, AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction)
requirements, and code compliance. Ensures that resolution is
achieved and accepted by all stakeholders.
- Involved in and participates with overall project closeout,
including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals,
deficiencies, and warranty work.
- Participates in site inspection by the design team for
installation deficiencies and witnesses and signs off on systems
- Participates in precommissioning or commissioning.
- Identifies potential risks on project scopes and/or the
- Develops and maintains strong stakeholder relationships.
- Values and models the solution provider and profitability
- Other duties as required.What you will bring to the role:
- Associates or bachelor's degree in a related discipline:
construction management, engineering, architecture preferred, or
- 1-3 years of construction experience in an operational role
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques,
drawings and specifications, project health, safety and environment
(HSE), quality, building materials, and required standards as per
- Intermediate knowledge of means and methods and construction
- Ability to apply basic engineering/problem-solving principles
to construction challenges.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction law and building
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced
- Understanding of decision-making authority and ability to
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills with the
ability to multitask, prioritize own work, and delegate simple
- Ability to create a comprehensive schedule.
- Ability to administer subcontracts and contract documents.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internal
operational systems with a strong aptitude for adopting new
technology.PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised
of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in
doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and
utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the
scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are
consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we
are committed to supporting and developing our teams.The PCL
Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment
for all employees and applicants and will make all
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability or veteran status.Should you require an
accommodation during the application process, please contact us at
email@example.com with the position and location you are interested
in.Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
started!Employee Status: Regular Full-timeJob Level: Experienced
ProfessionalCompany : PCL Construction Services, Inc.Primary
Location: United States-Minnesota-MinneapolisJob Posting: Nov 17,
2021, 8:09:32 PMClosing Date: OngoingJob: Project Engineer
Keywords: PCL Construction, Minneapolis , Project Engineer, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!