Manufacturing Engineer II, Extrusion - Plymouth, MN
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.EPHF Leading an active
lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's
Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and
vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in
electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore
their health and get on with their lives. We are seeking an
experienced Manufacturing Engineer II, Extrusion to join our team.
This position will support sustaining production and NPI activities
to help grow the Acute product portfolio of the Heart Failure
business. WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Supports continuing production and new product introductions
involving the extrusion process
- Develops and leads process validation activities.
- Generates, justifies, and changes manufacturing
- Leads justification and purchase of new capital equipment
(extruders or other peripheral machinery) and/or upgrades of
existing capital equipment. Perform or manage the installation,
operational, or process qualifications.
- Manages projects to design, build, and qualify new extruded
- Provides direction and supervision to extrusion
- Participates in cross-functional teams comprised of
representatives from R&D, Production, Regulatory Affairs,
Quality and other departments.
- Investigate & facilitate resolution of production & technical
issues including root cause identification, corrective actions, and
- Utilize various tools (DMAIC, Gage R&R, Cp, Cpk, SPC, etc.)
to analyze & improve processes, components, & products.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an extrusion manufacturing
- Must have knowledge of single or twin-screw extrusion of
thermoplastics and/or Teflon materials including die design,
extrusion equipment, and extruded part design along with a sound
knowledge of polymer principles.
- Experience with statistical techniques (i.e. DOE, SPC).
- Polished communicator- written documentation and oral
presentations/ discussions/ meetings
- Organized, on-time, and detailed project management skills.
- Knowledge of ISO and/or FDA quality system regulations as it
pertains to design transfer and process control.
- Previous medical device experience
- SAP, Windchill, and Solidworks CAD experience. WHAT WE OFFER At
Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
We offer: --- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is
our priority --- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
temperature-controlled --- Training and career development, with
onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance ---
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and
retirement plans --- Health care and well-being programs including
medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
--- Paid time off --- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous
company match --- The stability of a company with a record of
strong financial performance and history of being actively involved
in local communities Learn more about our benefits that add real
value to your life to help you live fully: Follow your career
aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that
provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Minneapolis , Manufacturing Engineer II, Extrusion - Plymouth, MN, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!