Sr. Electrical Engineer - Construction
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Be a Big Fish in a small pond. You will be the primary
go-to-expert and will help grow the department. This is a
well-known for their quality of work in electrical
contracting. The company is building an industrial automation
department with the same goals. Leadership that cares about
their employees and customers, and always striving to do things the
Seeking a driven and innovative Sr. Electrical Engineer to
facilitate and manage (8-10 direct reports) the daily operations,
technical support and coaching/development of the junior
Engineering Division personnel. Ideal candidate will be
current PE or pursuing. This position could become a manager
level for the right candidate.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the General Manager in executing the departments
operational objectives and growing the department. As the subject
matter expert, you will lead and mentor the engineering team
members while executing complex projects.
- Proven experience effectively managing project timelines,
ensuring completion of projects on time and in budget.
- An in depth knowledge of the design and construct ability of
the following systems: Power, Lighting, Communication, Alarm,
Lighting Protection, Grounding, and Instrument/Control.
- Demonstrated strong project management and customer relations
- Ability to lead and achieve electrical engineering operational
objectives by leading teams in the design and execution of complex
projects with minimal oversight.
- An in depth, working knowledge of NFPA 70 and 70E.
- Ability to develop and maintain key strategic relationships
with various partners.
- Ability to integrate and become the subject matter expert for
the Engineering Department.
- Proven experience providing effective cost estimates and
- Ability to interface with regulatory agencies and
- Proven ability to develop personnel by providing training,
coaching, development and motivation. Ability to identify areas of
improvement propose and implement plans to develop team
- Proven ability to plan and execute electrical projects by
determining specifications, schedules, integrating requirements
with architectural and mechanical designs, verify code
requirements, assist with cost estimates and resolve design
- An adherence to high ethical standards that align with company
Values. Network to improve market presence of the Engineering
- Experience interpreting competing markets to provide strategies
to improve market presence, penetration and new business
- Ability to analyze business practices and procedures and to
implement improvements, if needed.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our
database; maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skill.
- Ability to manage multiple complicated tasks and achieve a high
level of execution.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
education/experience. • 10+ years’ experience in Electrical
Engineering, or related field. To include experience in proper
design and construct-ability. • Possess a valid driver’s
You May Also Have:
• PE in Electrical Engineering. • Ability to pass a pre-employment
drug screen and criminal background check.
• We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits
package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation and a
MUST BE US CITIZEN, no sponsorships
Keywords: Job Juncture, Minneapolis , Sr. Electrical Engineer - Construction, Engineering , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!