2024 Golf Assistant Coach
Company: Minnetonka Public Schools
Posted on: November 20, 2023
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Minnetonka Middle School West (MMW)
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, accompany and supervise the team to and from all events
including practices and competitions.
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and
administration of coaching an athletic team.
- Assist the Director of Activities with hiring, development and
evaluation of assistant coaches.
- Work with Director of Activities on specific budget requests
and spending as well as fund raising as needed.
- Plan and implement both in-season and out-of-season
conditioning and weight programs with the Pagel Center Staff.
- Coordinate practice and game schedules with the Student
Activities Office, Activities Coordinator or other coaches.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and
establish and manage activity penalties for breach of such
standards by individual students.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Enforce all rules of the Minnesota State High School League and
Minnetonka Public School Policies as they pertain to the respective
- Follow athletic department policy in ordering equipment,
uniforms and supplies for the sport involved; turn in a complete
inventory of all equipment at the conclusion of the season.
- Assist the Student Activities Office to maintain complete and
accurate records as required (i.e. student physicals, parental
consents, attendance forms, insurance records, activity/athletic
code forms, etc.).
- Assist the Student Activities Office to prepare a roster of all
team members to include numbers, grade level and positions.
- Responsible to verify through the MHS Activities Office that
all participants are eligible.
- Report and document with an injury report form for all student
major injuries immediately to the trainer, and to the Director of
- Participate in coaches meeting, PLC's, and pre and post season
meetings with the Director of Activities.
- Develop and implement a transformational purpose
- Develop and implement an emergency action plan as directed by
the Minnesota State High School League.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- Understanding of and agreement with the Minnetonka Public
School District's Student Activity and Athletic Code and the
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Minnetonka Public School Board
Policies regarding student conduct and appropriate disciplinary
- Evidence of the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to
interaction with coworkers, supervisor, parents, community members
- Ability to receive work direction.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to further the benefits of
student participation in co-curricular activities.
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
Applicant must possess a coaching license or complete a MSHSL
Compensation in accordance with Schedule B of the Teacher Master
Please attach a letter of interest and resume attention Curtis
Larsen, Activities Coordinator, and submit with your online
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form
found on the district website under "District" then
"Departments-Human Resources" click "Submit an Internal
Application/Transfer Form" found on the right side of the page.
Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation
Email To A Friend
Keywords: Minnetonka Public Schools, Minneapolis , 2024 Golf Assistant Coach, Education / Teaching , Excelsior, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!