Company: Summit Academy OIC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: DOQSummit Academy OIC in Minneapolis has
an exciting career opportunity for someone with the proper
qualifications to join our team as a GED Instructor. The GED
Instructor is responsible for teaching adult learners who wish to
successfully complete the GED exam. The Instructor will develop
engaging and interactive lesson plans for both online and in-person
use. The Instructor is student-centered and teaches to meet the
unique needs and goals of Summit's students. The ideal candidate is
patient, resourceful, and wants to make a direct impact in the
lives of others. Essential Functions
- Instruct adult learners in both classroom and virtual
- Develop lesson plans appropriate for adults in GED-level RLA
and Social Studies.
- Implement evidence-based, best practice teaching strategies and
- Develop personal study plans of action for participants as
- Monitor participants' needs in order to remediate academic
challenges as related to GED subject area content.
- Maintain required records including assessment results and
- Attend staff meetings, trainings and in-service workshops as
required by supervisor.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the interests and needs of the students.
- Develop relationships with students emphasizing student
retention and progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to teach people of various abilities and diverse
- Strong knowledge of reading language arts and social studies
- Excellent communication skills, especially verbal,
interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Strong decision making, problem solving, time management and
stress management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to track student data in complex databases
- Preferred not required: Experience with SID, CampusVue, Canvas,
and/or virtual video-conferencing platforms Supervisory
ResponsibilityNone. Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a
professional office and classroom environment. This role routinely
uses standard office equipment such as, computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and faxMachines. Physical DemandsThis
position requires the individual to remain in a stationary position
for long periods of time while instructing or doing desk work. The
person in this position will frequently operate a computer and
other office productivity machinery, such as calculators, copy
machines, and printers. The person in this position constantly
communicates with students while teaching, and must be able to
exchange accurate information in these situations. Position Type
and Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time, exempt position
under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Days and hours of work
are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may
require long hours and occasional evening or weekend work.
TravelThis position requires limited travel. Required Education &
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in adult basic education,
English, or related field).
- At least one year of experience teaching adults. Preferred
Education & Experience
- More than 2 years of teaching experience.
- Teaching License
- Experience teaching online with Canvas, Google Classroom,
- Experience with CampusVue, Campus Nexus or SID data systems.
Other DutiesPlease note that this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. AAP/EEOIt is the policy of Summit Academy OIC to
provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, Summit Academy OIC
will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals
Keywords: Summit Academy OIC, Minneapolis , GED Instructor, Education / Teaching , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!