Company: Waymouth Farms
Posted on: November 14, 2019
The Company:Waymouth Farms, Inc., a 150-person manufacturing
company, is focused on making quality innovative snack foods for
healthier living. Originally founded in 1976, since 2017 we are a
second-generation owned and professionally managed business with a
clear vision and strong core values (Integrity/Goodwill/Results) in
pursuit of bringing the Company to the next level. We are on a
mission to help Americans eat better and it starts with our salad
toppings, trail mixes, roasted nuts and seeds, dried fruits, and
other value-added products typically sold in produce departments of
Growth Goal:Our goal is to double sales within 10 years and we have
the products and operational competency and capacity to do so.
Role Summary:Marketing Manager plays a key role leading a
cross-functional team responsible for brand development, business
planning, and plan execution. This position is responsible for
extensive business and competitive analysis, business case
development, product/SKU analysis, and financial forecasting
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
- Deliver short and long-range business goals and financial
objectives by overseeing the brand, developing and executing
marketing plans, establishing and tracking key metrics and
providing business and competitive analysis and insights.
- Lead the cross-functional team responsible for the development
and execution of the business plan, sku management, business
analysis, and key project management.
- Assist with developing brand strategy and vision.
- Plan and execute consumer marketing communications including
online and social media.
- Work with agency partners to create and manage promotional
collateral to establish and maintain product branding.
- As part of the marketing team, assist in developing marketing
department processes, procedures, ensuring clear expectations,
focus, accountability, and role definition.
- Support sales with fact-based selling information, marketing
plans, product information/attributes, research insights and sales
- Recommend and evaluate product pricing and quantify expected
impact on volume and margins.
- Provide meaningful analysis on consumption and sales data.
- Implement and manage a forecasting process.
- Assist with annual volume, financial and budget planning.
- Manage marketing budget that includes all marketing
communication initiatives, consumer insights and market performance
- Utilize data analysis and data sources to anticipate business
trends, competitive activity, understand implications, and make
sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Continuously improve cross-functional planning, alignment,
business process, and decision-making processes.
- Assist in the development of consumer research strategy,
planning, resourcing, execution and analysis through use of
external resources. Synthesize information from market and product
research findings to develop insights that guide strategic and
tactical plans and consumer communication.
- Lead packaging project management including packaging change
process, claims and product descriptions.
- Participate in the development of trade marketing plans and
provide input on execution.
Essential Competencies + Skills:
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or marketing
Preferred Education: MBA
Required Work Experience: 5+ years of branded consumer product
marketing including 1-2 years of cross-functional team leadership
and business management
Depth and breadth of experience across different channels (food,
drug, mass, club, independent, wholesalers)
Critical skills and abilities: -- Demonstrated ability to think and
act strategically with a general management orientation.
- Cross-functional understanding and ability to achieve business
results through collaboration with finance, operations, product
development, sales and vendor partners.
- Well-developed team and project leadership skills including the
ability to set direction, get results through others, and establish
clear action plans, roles and responsibilities.
- Business analysis and planning experience including sound
judgment and decision-making. Exceptional analytical thinking
skills including the ability to see trends, identify implications
and use depth and breadth of experience to focus on what's
- Effective written communication, presentation skills, and
influencing skills both internally and externally.
- Planning and prioritization skills including strong project
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and develop a
collaborative results-oriented team environment.
- Results driven with a strong track record.
- Hands on, strong execution orientation with ability to lead
with a sense of urgency.
- Personal and professional values aligned with company values
and culture, high integrity.
- Able to handle pressure of deadlines, multiple projects and
financial performance expectations.
- Fast-paced growth business experience and/or demonstrated
effectiveness in a small company where role includes both strategic
and hands-on responsibilities.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. is committed to
providing equal employment opportunities in all employment
practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Waymouth Farms, Minneapolis , Marketing Manager, Advertising , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!