Content Marketing and Outreach Coordinator (Remote)
Posted on: November 11, 2019
- Email your resume and 3-5 minute introduction video (details
below) to .
- Introduction video. As a distributed team, we are on video
calls with each other almost daily. Instead of a cover letter,
prepare a short video introduction. We are not looking for anything
professionally produced. We also aren't looking for you to be silly
or overly dramatic (this isn't your Survivor casting video). Please
be yourself and address the following:
- Introduce yourself.
- Tell us why you think you would be a great fit for our team and
- Share with us one thing that you love to do or something about
yourself that is not on your resume.
Lawyerist.com is the largest online community of small-firm lawyers
in the world. We offer content, education, community, tools and
product recommendations that small firms need to start, manage and
grow practices of the future.
We're currently looking for a Content Marketing and Outreach
Coordinator who can help us promote our content and build our
online and offline reputation in the legal industry.
The Content Marketing and Outreach Coordinator works closely with
our Community Team and reports to the Community Director. This will
be a full-time, remote position (40 hours/week). Our team works
Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm CT.
We offer competitive salaries, professional development, benefits
(profit-sharing, retirement matching and healthcare allowance),
flexible vacation, and a great team of people you can be proud to
work with every day.
Our team and values
Successful team members are tech-savvy and love finding new and
smart ways to work. We take pride in our work and hold ourselves
and each other to high standards. We take initiative and problem
solve on our own, but also recognize when to ask for help. We are
ambitious and often set big goals, and love hustling to make them
We're also real people who have lives outside work. We have
families and hobbies-skateboarding, puzzles/games, cooking, and
music to name a few. We love inside jokes (but we'll get you up to
speed) and enjoy each other's company. We are a distributed team
because we want to attract the best talent and offer flexibility in
All of our employees should share our commitment to these core
1. Build the tribe. You care most about doing good things for our
community.2. Improve the ecosystem. You are someone who sees the
big picture and seeks ways to improve our business, our processes,
and yourself.3. Deliver value first and seek profit second. You
care about delivering value in the work you do, but make sure you
do so in a financially sustainable way.4. Learn and teach. You are
a curious learner who wants to know how things work and what's
coming next.5. Think inclusively. We believe the future of law
practice includes people of all genders, races, orientations, and
abilities, and we want our tribe to reflect that.6. Do great work
that supports a great life. You find ways to pursue personal goals
and passions while achieving your goals at work.7. Find the lever.
You try to find ways to have more impact than the work you put in
by prioritizing the most important things you do.
Your roles and responsibilities
You are expected to represent Lawyerist in a professional and
positive manner. You have the desire, skills, and experience needed
to lead the following activities, all of which require high-level
attention to detail, organization, and relationship building:
Podcast producer (20%)The Lawyerist Podcast is a show about the
future of lawyering and law practice. Every week we have
conversations with successful lawyers and other creative people
helping to shape the future of law practice. You will:
- Oversee production of episodes. Work with the show's hosts and
editors to ensure all aspects of the episodes are recorded, edited,
and published on time.
- Guest research, scheduling, and coordination. Look for guests
or influencers who can share their expertise, book and schedule
- Ensure all guests comply with show's technical requirements on
their end and conduct pre-interview soundchecks.
- Podcast promotion. Work with team to promote weekly
Book marketing and promotion (20%)The Lawyerist team recently
published The Small Firm Roadmap: A Survival Guide to the Future of
Your Law Practice. You will:
- Implement book marketing strategy. Work with the marketing team
to create and implement an ongoing book marketing strategy.
- Outreach. Reach out to potentially interested parties regarding
Guest post outreach (20%)The Lawyerist team often publishes
original content on our site and as thought leaders for other
prominent publications. You will:
- Source guest posts. Reach out to prominent publications to
coordinate guests posts from our team.
- Post coordination and promotion. Manage our team to ensure
timely submissions and promote published posts.
- Link building. Look for publications with content that could
benefit from links to our expert content.
Speaking outreach (20%)Coordinate the Lawyerist team's speaking
- Speaking outreach. Reach out to conference planners regarding
possible speaking opportunities for team members.
- Speaking coordination and promotion. Manage our team with
respect to speaking events and work with team to promote speaking
Paid ad campaigns (20%)Create and manage paid online advertisements
promoting Lawyerist's content and offerings.
Your skills, passion, and personalityWhat you need to succeed:
- Organization and the ability to self-direct work
- Designated professional, quiet space and a fast and reliable
- Experience managing and producing a show, event, or
- Willingness to curate amazing guest and thought leaders for our
- Demonstrated ability to identify and secure quality speaking
and writing opportunities with outside organizations and bar
- Track record of success in actively developing and managing
relationships with outside vendors and partners
- Strong working knowledge of social media and digital platforms
including how to maximize social media advertising for desired
- Strong working knowledge of SEO strategies
- Passion to help build a well-run company that is focused on
improving the lives and businesses of small firm lawyers around the
- Desire to achieve specific data-driven metrics and flexibility
to adjust course to ensure goals are accomplished
- Commitment to improving the business and its systems and
- Ability to work with a distributed team including using
technology to regularly communicate and collaborate with team
- Available to travel to in-person team meetings (typically 1-2
times per year)
Posting closes November 25, 2019
We will conduct screening and interviews throughout November with
final interviews in December and plan to make an offer by the end
Keywords: Lawyerist.com, Minneapolis , Content Marketing and Outreach Coordinator (Remote), Advertising , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!