Marketing & Events Manager (Admin Associate 1)
Company: University of Minnesota
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID353568
Employee ClassCivil Service
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
Marketing and Events Manager
Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship
Carlson School of Management
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Lead the integrated communication efforts and planning for the
Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship programs and related academic
courses. The position reports to the center director and supports
programs led by 4 full-time staff members leading MN Cup, Grow
North, MIN-Corps and other student and community focused
educational programs. The position is responsible for structuring,
organizing and maintaining information with 20,000+ contacts and
leading the communication of information on 200+ events per year
through weekly, monthly, and semi-annual emails, blogs, web site
updates and social media announcements. The position will also
manage internship and the WE* outreach program designed to engage
and support more women to participate in entrepreneurship.
- Lead integrated communication efforts with students, alumni,
volunteers and broader business community.
- Consolidate and maintain Salesforce contact database for
approximately 20,000 alumni, benefactors, participants and students
that participate in Holmes Center programs.
- Create and distribute weekly, monthly and semi-annual
newsletters, blogs and social media announcements.
- Promote events extensively through University and external
- Coordinate with program directors and supervise 6-8 student
interns to update and maintain HCE web site and social media
- Lead the development of marketing materials, in collaboration
with program directors and CSOM marketing.
- Track participation and event activity.Event Planning (25%)
- Oversee and coordinate event planning and support for 200+
events each year organized by Holmes Center.
- Ensure timely and successful event execution.
- Schedule rooms, registration, equipment, materials for HCE
- Manage event staff (part-time, contracted, student interns)
responsible for event planning and execution.
- Proactively handle issues and troubleshoot any emerging
problems.Manage Internship Program (20%)
- Manage Deluxe E-ternship Program and Holmes Center intern
- Lead outreach to 80+ participating companies.
- Coordinate with Carlson/University and other college career
centers on community-wide events.
- Promote and select 60+ student interns annually to be placed
with leading startup companies.
- Handle administrative oversight of hiring interns.
- Coordinate recruiting and project assignments for 8-10 student
interns responsible for executing even and communications
tasks.Program Support (20%)
- Manage Women's Entrepreneurship (WE*) program by leading the
scheduling, organization and outreach for quarterly WE* TALKS
events and women's conferences organized by HCE.
- Engage student, alumni, University and other entrepreneurship
organizations supporting women.
- Track participation and prepare annual summary for
- Support other HCE program events and programs.** The employer
reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this
- BA/BS Degree or a combination of education and work experience
to equal four yearsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to independently lead communication and coordination of
- Experience leading communication efforts
- Experience organizing events
- Salesforce experience (or experience with a similar CRM)
About the Department
The Gary S. Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship is the hub of
entrepreneurship and innovation at the University of Minnesota that
inspires, educates and connects the next generation of Minnesota's
entrepreneurs. We mobilize the community and provide support for
emerging entrepreneurs, both within and outside the University,
through experiential courses and outreach programs. We believe that
entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship are essential to a thriving
economy and play a vital role in job creation. We want to ensure
that our students and entrepreneur community get the support and
connections they need to nurture, grow and scale their ideas.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an
online application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis , Marketing & Events Manager (Admin Associate 1), Advertising , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!