Central Receptionist (Hybrid/Onsite)
Company: Rasmussen College
Posted on: January 28, 2023
The Rasmussen University Central Receptionist is a customer service
focused role responsible for handling a high volume of incoming
calls, greeting visitors and performing general administrative
duties in a team oriented corporate office setting. This role also
assists other members of the Central Administration team with
overflow work, including coordination of office events, data entry
and special projects.
Central Reception Support-80%
- Corporate office phone line coverage of up to 200 calls a day,
answering questions, and directing calls as appropriate via use of
- Greeting and directing visitors as appropriate.
- Responsible for front desk coverage from 8AM CT-5PM
- Ensuring high level of customer service for all callers and
visitors and following Rasmussen protocols and procedures
guidelines for phone all interactions.
- Field common questions from employees and staff daily.
Administrative Support/Event Management-10%
- Assist the Administrative and Executive Team with onsite
meetings, managing catering orders, and projects (i.e. preparing
binders for department trainings and printing materials for onsite
- Helps facilitate office events (REMy Celebrations, holiday
parties, community service day, and team building
- Assist with onsite meetings.
- Manage conference room calendars.
- Maintaining the Campus Directory and connecting with
campuses/offices to verify directory information is
- Collaboration with departments to develop ideas to better serve
Floor Management- 5%
- Distribution of mail and other packages delivered to the
- Ordering of office supplies, including employee break
- Maintenance of TV monitors and content via Carousel
- Ensuring the office floor, lounge, and meeting areas are kept
organized, clean and well stocked.
- Assist with communication to the office floor regarding events,
gatherings and officer reminders.
- Safety Promoter during fire drills and being knowledgeable in
The Central Receptionist reports to the Office Manager.
- One to two years of prior office experience including
reception, filing, customer service roles, and administrative
- Associate's degree required.
- Prior experience in a call center environment handling customer
service/collections is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive upbeat attitude, willingness to learn, outstanding
problem-solving skills, and professional demeanor.
- Has the ability to follow detail scripts and to make sensible
decisions based on the situation at hand.
- Is a team player and can work collaboratively with other
- Is an independent starter.
Rasmussen University is a regionally accredited private university
dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through
high-demand and flexible educational programs. As a pioneer in
career-focused education since 1900, the University is defining a
new generation of higher education that focuses on competency-based
education, technology and transferrable skills. Rasmussen offers
undergraduate and graduate programs online and in person at 23
campuses around the country. The University is designed to lift and
support its students every step of the way, from their first
credential to their last. Rasmussen is dedicated to global
enrichment, serving the underserved and meeting the evolving needs
of diverse students, communities and economies. Rasmussen
encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic
excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good.
For more information about Rasmussen University, please visit
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the
workplace. We welcome our employee's differences regardless of
race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual
orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or
Keywords: Rasmussen College, Minneapolis , Central Receptionist (Hybrid/Onsite), Administration, Clerical , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!