Company: Prodeo Academy
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Start Date: Immediate Start DateLocation: Minneapolis
CampusReports to: Director of OperationsOVERVIEWProdeo Academy, a
network of public charter schools serving the Twin Cities, is a
meaningful education solution that is closing the opportunity gap
through data-driven instruction in a culture based on a foundation
of five core values: Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Development,
and Enthusiasm. Shared expectations around these values enhance the
opportunity for our scholars to reach their full potential. We are
looking for team members committed to helping our students access
greater opportunities, achieve future success, and contribute to
the vitality of our community.VISION FOR POSITIONThe Office
Assistant is a committed member of a school team that is closing
the opportunity gap. The Office Assistant acts as the first point
of contact for our families and scholars. They create an inclusive
and welcoming environment for our parents and scholars. Their work
enhances key operational functions of the job impacting both
families and staff. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is
energized by challenging work and is able to work collaboratively
across lines of difference with an emphasis on cultural sensitivity
and inclusiveness.CORE RESPONSIBILITIESEssential Functions:
- Manage transportation assignments for families, liaising
between the school and busing company to ensure quality
transportation services and coordinating the school's daily
- Serve as a primary point of contact with families, students,
and visitors by answering phones, greeting and directing visitors,
taking and relaying messages; providing routine information to
students, parents or guardians.
- Prepare external communication including routine
correspondence, memos, flyers, and newsletters to announce school
events for families.
- Maintain the organization and orderliness of the Front Office
and common use spaces, such as the Teacher Work Room.
- Perform a variety of clerical activities, including sorting and
filing of records, documents, mail, and other material.
- Provide a welcoming environment for our families and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain punctual and consistent attendance.SKILLS &
REQUIREMENTS, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONSGeneral Requirements
- Education required: High school diploma, 2 or 4-year degree is
- Experience working in clerical work within a school
- Experience working with children
- Second language preferred Spanish or SomaliKnowledge & Skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and willingness to get the job
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial
- Competency in MS Office
- Contemporary office practices, preferably in a public sector or
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with
school site staff, parents or guardians and District staff.
- Proper telephone and e-mail etiquette.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Work collaboratively with others.COMPENSATION Salary for this
position is very competitive and commensurate with experience.
Keywords: Prodeo Academy, Minneapolis , Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!