Company: Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washingto
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Work that makes a difference! As the only continuously funded
anti-poverty program in the country, our mission is to reduce
poverty and its impact on people in Ramsey and Washington counties.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Financial Manager, the
Accounting Specialist will provide support to the primary
accounting functions of the agency, including the accounts payable,
accounts receivable, and account reconciliation processes. The
position is responsible for ensuring accuracy in each of these
processes and for resolving payable and receivable inquiries and
concerns encountered in the day-to-day operation of the department.
The position is required to handle and maintain confidential
information for key agency operations and functions. Requirements
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Ensure accurate invoices, purchase orders and receiving
- Ensure the agency's programs and departments are in compliance
with purchasing and payable requirements, including verifying
appropriate completion, documentation and signatures on purchase
- Resolves vendor and agency questions. Tracks payment status for
account payable items.
- Processes void and manual checks; maintains departmental check
registers. Verifies check accuracy, encloses attachments, mails,
and files processed purchase orders.
- Perform cash receipt function for the agency. Receipt and log
all cash and checks received via mail and walk-ins and prepare
daily report for bank deposit.
- Prepares invoices for miscellaneous accounts receivable
including tenant rental invoices and Head Start child care claim
- Performs monthly reconciliations for all accounts
- Participate in and support annual audits as required.
- Assist in the maintenance and the management of the records
retention schedule as defined in the agency's Accounting &
Financial Policies and Procedures Manual, including obtaining
required approvals for secure disposal of documents.
- AA/AS degree in Accounting, certificate, or equivalent
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or business related field
- 1-2 years of prior experience in an accounting and/or financial
- Must have good computer skills with Microsoft Office products
including Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational
- Must be able to communicate effectively with varied
socio-economic and multi-ethnic groups and/or individuals.
- Working with and handling confidential data with appropriate
- Proficiency in learning and using multiple software
applications to fulfill job responsibilities. Benefits Department:
Finance Salary: $20.19 per hour Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40
Hours/Week Posting Dates: 7/8/2019-Until Filled Benefits: Community
Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off
(PTO), paid holidays (14), health, dental & life insurance,
retirement, employee discount programs and more. Background Checks:
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of
hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo
verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status,
familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights
commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
Keywords: Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washingto, Minneapolis , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!