Senior Document Specialist
Company: Newport Group
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance,
and consulting services. We help companies offer their employees a
more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan
solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the
advisors who serve them. Job Description: The Senior Document
Specialist is responsible for creating, developing and maintaining
documents needed for Amendments and Annual Notices, including
maintaining a tracking system, developing new processes and
updating procedures as well as delegating tasks and training team
- Monitor incoming amendment requests.
- Review requests to identify potential issues (e.g., mid-year
amendment to safe harbor plan, benefit cutbacks, etc.). Confer with
Document Consultants as needed.
- Assign preparation of plan Amendments and review prepared
amendment packages as needed; provide training and coaching to team
members relating to amendment preparation as needed.
- Coordinate periodic follow-up for unsigned amendments.
- Develop and maintain periodic reporting and statistics for
Document Department Director of amendment activity by product
- Develop/maintain template amendment documents.
- Work with Senior Document Specialist- Plan Documents to
coordinate amendment and document production as needed (updates to
ancillary documents such as trustee change documents, application
of Doc Edit Libraries in ASP, SPD production, etc.)
- Develop new processes and modify existing procedures as needed
to ensure efficient and accurate production of Amendment
- Work with Document Department Director and IT Department to
develop and maintain workflow tracking system for amendments.
- Track plans that require Annual Notices and production of same,
including updating procedures as needed. Qualifications:
- 3-4 years of related experience in qualified retirement plan
environment, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to train and assess the work of others.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail and
solid prioritization skills.
- Excellent client services and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical, time management and problem resolution
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with
a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be focused and driven with the ability to manage multiple
priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office Education/Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field or
- Successful completion of ASPPA examinations/credentials a plus
It is a requirement of this job to consistently report to work as
scheduled, be on time, and remain at work for entire assigned
shift. Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon
satisfactory completion of our employment screening process
(including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and
education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin,
age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran
status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
Keywords: Newport Group, Minneapolis , Senior Document Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!