Company: Blu Dot Design and Manufacturing, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2023
TITLE: Accounting Specialist
REPORTS TO: Accounting Supervisor
ABOUT US: Blu Dot (www.bludot.com), an award-winning designer and
maker of modern home furnishings, is currently searching for an
Accounting Specialist to join our dynamic and values-driven
Inspire a more creative way of living through good design that's
good to everyone.
- Good design is good. Good design should be reflected in
everything we do.
- Keep it simple. Strive for economy in all that you do.
- Everyone is invited to our party. Treat every individual with
respect & dignity.
- Our glass is half full. Focus on the positive.
- Be humble. We take nothing for granted.
- Turn it up to 11. Determine what is expected and do a little
- Stay curious. Try, learn, improve, repeat.
ABOUT THE ROLE: We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to help
us process accounts payable and accounts receivable as our business
grows. We're looking for someone like you if you have accounting
experience, a passion for process improvement, an aptitude for
systems and curiosity to solve new and interesting business
problems. We're delivering on our purpose of "Inspiring a more
creative way of living through good design that's good to
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processing is important as
we ensure cash flow to support our business growth. Efficiency and
accuracy are important as we deliver great products to even more
customers. We are creating this role to help our team be more
efficient to support growth. We want you to be a part of this
exciting time at Blu Dot.
Join our accounting team and partner closely with our sourcing and
customer support teams to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and great
customer service. Blu Dot values good design, simplicity,
inclusion, optimism, humility, and curiosity. If those values speak
to you, you'll want to learn more.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are passionate about cultivating a diverse and inclusive
- A relationship builder. You strive to foster meaningful
- You use excellent listening and communication skills to work
with employees and managers to collect the information you need to
effectively support AR/AP best practices.
- You understand the importance of the role's accountabilities
and responsibilities. You have a high attention to detail and take
pride in doing things right
- You are self-driven with a strong work ethic and work well with
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Learn Blu Dot technology and business practices
- Ensure accurate accounting by reconciling bank statements and
credit card deposits
- Work with customer service and ensure customers get great
service by processing invoices, returns and credit memos for our
- Partner with external stakeholders to verify timely payments by
processing daily vendor invoices
- Apply your problem-solving skills to ensure efficiency and
accuracy by entering month-end journal entries and daily cash
- Be resourceful in finding answers and solving problems for the
- Many other opportunities and experiences to enhance your
knowledge base by assisting the team as requested
- 2+ years of Accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
(Business Administration, etc.)
- Position is based out of Minneapolis, MN headquarters with a
flexible working environment/schedule (no full-time remote work
*Everyone's welcome to our party! Blu Dot always welcomes
candidates with unique and diverse backgrounds. Blu Dot is a member
of E-Verify. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
Keywords: Blu Dot Design and Manufacturing, Inc., Minneapolis , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!