Company: First Transit
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Accounting Manager First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and
will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading
integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a
combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have
lots of opportunities for growth! You can find additional job
opportunities and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs . About
the Position Responsible for all accounting oversight at the
location level. Prepares financial reports under general
supervision. Performs moderately complex activities related to the
maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. Performs
administrative tasks related to accounting and finance. Major
- Responsible for completion of monthly financial close for
location(s), inclusive of preparing journal entries; GL review and
completing variance explanation reports to forecast, budget, and
- Prepares and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and
accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Responsible for preparing routine invoices to clients,
reconciling client payments, and tracking
incentives as applicable. Supervises billing/trip editors (where
applicable) to ensure accuracy and timelines.
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll submissions;
provides oversight/spot checks of payroll entries; reviews wage and
benefits; supervises payroll clerical staff.
- Where applicable, responsible for all aspects of cash and fare
media reconciliations and reporting, including oversight of daily
counts, preparation of daily deposits, daily and monthly
reconciliations to expected intake.
- Responsible for accurate AP; including resolving invoice
concerns, ensuring proper GL coding, review of use of Purchase
Orders by location staff; maintenance of vendor records
- Reports the company's finances to management, offering
suggestions about resource utilization and assumptions underlying
budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinates and communicates accounting matters with other
departments on site. Attends staff meetings, safety meetings, and
participates in a team setting.
- Responsible for asset management inclusive of quarterly
inventory counts, preparation of capital expenditure requests, and
understanding of the fixed asset policies.
- Responsible for the preparation of routine forecasts. Analyzes
trends, costs, revenues, and financial commitments, and obligations
incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Responsible for creating the annual budget with the input of
the GM and supporting staff.
Minimum Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required, CPA or further
education is desirable.
- 3-5 years of related experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of 4-4-5 period accounting is a plus. We aspire
to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract
and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, Minneapolis , Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...