Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Sleep Number Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Company Overview Sleep Number team members are part of a
passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the
health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We
are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by
Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we
continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring
their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work.
Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the
workforce, we have a place for you. In our 35+ years in the
industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just
getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting
work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to
field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we
are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a
great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep
innovation. #TeamSleepNumber Position Purpose The Senior Supplier
Quality Engineer (Sr. SQE) executes the Quality strategy to ensure
continual production of products consistent with established
industry standards, government regulations, as well as company and
- Owns supplier quality performance improvement category
strategies using statistical treatment of data, process capability,
trend analysis and applying project management techniques to
improve supplier quality.
- leads supplier quality, leads sub-teams and supplier meetings
in supplier risk management, supplier deep-dive process control,
ship-to-control, gap analysis and closure.
- Has ability to fill-in for Management and moves the
project/team forward when Management is not present.
- Guides the development and delivery of training establishing
best practice for internal Quality processes.
- Serve as an internal/On-site technical lead for projects and
- Assist in onboarding and mentoring of new personnel and support
development efforts for peers
- Lead or Participate in process improvement collaboration,
execution, and training with all aspects of Supply Chain. The Sr.
SQE is responsible for verifying supplier quality standards are in
accordance with the Sleep Number QMS requirements. The Sr. SQE
serves as the liaison with suppliers, drives continuous
improvements, and collaborates with other personnel in a team
environment. This role identifies technical problems with suppliers
and is the leader for supplier corrective action requests. The Sr.
SQE manages process controls, supplier quality performance and
measures readiness throughout the New Product Introduction cycle.
Sr. SQE will create proactive Risk Mitigation strategies with
suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to ensure product
compliance. Primary Responsibilities The Senior Supplier Quality
Engineer performs a wide range of duties including but not limited
to the following:
- Manage a portfolio of worldwide suppliers on all aspects of
supplier quality including; Non-Conformances and SCAR, Supplier
Investigation, Customer Complaint, Deviations and Audit
Observations to ensure appropriate containment, disposition, and
root cause investigations are completed and documented in
accordance with Sleep Number QMS procedures.
- Act as key contributor to the supplier quality management
process. Standardize where possible by conducting supplier audits,
monitoring quality-related issues during supplier maintenance and
supplier selection process.
- Champion supplier continuous improvement initiatives with
Global Commodity Sourcing and Plant Quality teams.
- Managing and developing suppliers, ensuring optimized levels of
quality, cost and delivery performance driving continuous
improvement to maximize business performance.
- Assure that Processes and Procedures are managed and, if
necessary, updated to maintain compliance to Quality Management
System and regulatory requirements.
- The Sr. SQE performs regular supplier audits (QMS / Process /
Compliance) to ensure compliance with requirements as well as
actively close out any audit findings. - -
- Work closely with Procurement and Engineering to establish the
Supply Chain structure to meet the requirements of the full product
lifecycle of Sleep Number products.
- Provide support for product development and NPI, through APQP
activities and ensuring acceptable PPAP packages on time, right
first time to ensure flawless launch.
- Organize and manage supplier information in QMS/SRM
- Strategize with senior-level employees to increase supplier
performance and streamline processes
- Support warranty, value engineering and manufacturing process
assessment and development activities.
- Support Design for Manufacture and Assembly activities between
Sleep Number and suppliers.
- Manage quality issues in conjunction with key stakeholders,
resolving day to day problems, ensuring effective containment and
problem resolution for all non-conformances using CAPA and SCAR
- Establish and maintain consistent supplier metrics (process
capability, control charts, productivity, measurement quality) for
monitoring and reporting through Performance Scorecards. Position
- Minimum of 8+ years in a supplier quality role, in a lean
- B.S. Engineering required (M.S. preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma/Green Belt certification a preferred
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) preferred
- Understanding of ISO requirements preferred
- CQM/CQE/PMP a plus
- Excellent organizational communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain
relationships with internal/external customers
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Advanced Product Quality Plan (APQP)
- Purchased Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- DMAIC Methodology
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP)
- Audit Experience with QMS, Process and Compliance required
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- MS Project, Visio, Sharepoint, PowerBI and standard Office
- Statistical Analysis Methods, Design of Experiments (JMP,
MiniTab or similar)
- Change Control management
- Critical Path thinking
- Highly effective Project Management skills Wellbeing Our
company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of
society. Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement
that permeates our company and through our team members. We are
dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team
members and their families through benefits, programs, and
resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional,
financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at
the center. By joining our team, in addition to offering
competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team
members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to
medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability
insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
- Sleep - Our 360 - smart bed for team members, and discounts on
our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and
family throughout the year.
- Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services
through our medical plans to improve your physical health. - -
- Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving
support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional
wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select
- Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability
to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial
support to recover from an illness or injury.
- Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to
our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
- Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous
learning, including a tuition reimbursement program. Safety Safety
is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team
members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent
with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Health
& Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws. EEO Statement
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit
discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender
status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to
pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin
or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability,
genetic information (including testing and characteristics),
veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status
protected by federal, state, or local law. Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) It is Sleep Number's policy to provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities during the application process, consistent with
applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious
documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a
qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at
any time during the selection process, including if you are unable
or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles
Keywords: Sleep Number Corporation, Minneapolis , Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Hamel, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!